Awaken your passion for Horticulture. Discover more with Mt. SAC's hands on programs:
- Integrated Pest Management
- Ornamental Horticulture
- Park & Sports Turf Management
|Degrees & Certificates||Apply Now|
The Horticulture Program at Mt. SAC offers many degrees and certificate programs designed to prepare students for careers in the broad field of ornamental horticulture, park & sports turf management, integrated pest management, and equipment technology. Students learn basic theory in the classroom and then apply it in hands-on learning outdoors.
Why choose our program?
Work Experience Programs requires student to attend an orientation to obtain required paperwork for the course. Orientation must be completed before the course begins. Students that fail to attend orientation may be in jeopardy of losing their seat in the class. Work Experience documents will be issued via canvas to only those student enrolled in the course. A minimum of 60 unpaid/75 paid hours of work required per unit.
Explore the Plant Science ADT with the Magic Mountie Podcast!
Student Cherise Hunt interviews Professor Jennifer Hinostroza about the Plant Science ADT in an episode of Mt. SAC's "Magic Mountie Podcast." You can find this episode of the podcast at the following links:
Plenty Vertical Farm
Plenty is an indoor vertical farm that produces craveable leafygreens and we're currently hiring teammates to help bring our newest farm to life in Compton.
- Botanic Garden - Claremont
- Big League Dreams -- Jurupa Valley, Director of Maintenance/Turf/Groundskeeping
- Pilgrim Place Claremont -- Gardener
- Pilgrim Place Claremont -- Irrigation Technician
- Part time Job -- Chino Hills
- LA Tropics Wholesale
- Wild Wonders
- Wild Wonders Internship
- Part Time Landscaper
- CSU Fullerton -- Horticulturist [Closing Date: 10/17/21 11:59 PM]
- Fill Good Horticulture LLC -- Interior Landscaper
- Alta Vista Country Club -- Greens Keeper
- Alta Vista Country Club -- Irrigation Technician
- Stotz Equipment - Turf Technicians
- Descano Gardens - Gardener
- Target Specialty Products
Follow us on Facebook!
The Demonstration Garden was designed and built by students to display the different uses of plants. Horticulture classes utilize the garden for plant identification as well as irrigation management. The garden has a large variety of plants including bamboo, succulents, cactus, and fruit trees.
The Koi Pond is the crown jewel of Mt. SAC, designed and built by prior students. The pond features a tranquil, shaded garden with a seating area that contains Japanese Maples and Cycads.
Department Chair & Professor