Mt. SAC’s Student Health Services works diligently to provide various activities, presentations, and workshops intended to improve student health and wellness. Specialized events encourage interaction and discussions that lay the groundwork for improving behavioral practices and spark and sustain motivation. Visit our events calendar to register for the next event.
Experienced Health Educators are also available to provide class presentations about Student Health Services and more. Past class presentations have covered various topics, including: Introduction to Student Health Services, Sexual Violence, Sexual Assault Promotion & Education, Mindfulness & Meditation. Please see below for information on how to schedule a presentation for your class.
Health Education Sections:
Health Center Info.
If you are having a medical emergency or mental health crisis during business hours, please call (909) 274-4000, press 2 to speak with a staff member, or go to one of the clinics at Building 67B or 9E. You may also choose to call 911 or go to your nearest ER.
If you are having a medical emergency after hours, call 911 or go to the nearest ER.
Students experiencing significant emotional distress, or thoughts of harming self or others, have the following options:
- Call the afterhours service at (909) 274-4400. Press “2” and immediately be connected with a trained counselor.
- Call the Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-(800) 273-8255
- Text COURAGE to 741741 to reach the Crisis Text Line
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Crisis Support: Text “HEARME” to 839863, available 24/7
- or Call 9-1-1 or go the nearest Emergency Room.
Just need someone to talk to, but don’t have thoughts of hurting yourself or others?
- Call LA County Department of Mental Health 24/7 1-(800) 854-7771, press 2
- California Peer-Run Warm Line 855-845-7415
To request a presentation or more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Include desired presentation, number of students, preferred date/time, and location.
At least two weeks notice to present a program is recommended.
- Various events will be hosted each semester.
- Registration is required for specific events.
- Students can register on the Health Education page.
- Extra credit will be honored at the end of events. Be sure to discuss extra credit opportunities with your professor.
For more information or suggestions about educational events presented by the Mt. SAC Student Health Center, please contact Amanda Gonzalez at (909) 274-4400.
Look out for our Peer Health Educators on campus! Our team is here to help you:
- Answer general questions about Health Services
- Update you on resources and information
- Educate you on various health and wellness topics
- Sign up for an event & more