EOPS Future Students
- Be a California resident or qualify as a California Dream Act Student
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units (If you are a current/former foster youth and/or have a verified learning disability and/or are a single parent/head of household, you may enroll in a minimum of 9 units)
- Qualify to receive the College Promise Grant (formerly known as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) under method A, B, or C with a $0 Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Have earned fewer than 40-degree applicable units with a 2.00 GPA
In addition, you must meet ONE of the following educationally disadvantaged criteria:
- Previously or currently in remedial education courses (Math and/or English)
- Foster Youth (former or current)
- Did not graduate from high school or obtained a General Educational Diploma (GED)
- High School Grade Point Average (GPA) below 2.50
- Be a first-generation college (parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a college degree)
- English is not the primary language within the household
Application Process (Remotely due to Campus Closure)
- Submit an application
- Eligible students will receive an invitation via email (Mt. SAC student email) to participate a mandatory EOPS Information Session (Orientation) via Zoom
- Attend the Zoom meeting - EOPS Information Session (Orientation)
- Register in a minimum of 12 units (If you are a current/former foster youth and/or have a verified learning disability and/or are a single parent/head of household, you may enroll in a minimum of 9 units)
- Welcome to the EOPS Program
The EOPS program opens yearly to new applicants during the Summer and Winter (subject to change). In addition, the CARE program accepts applications on an ongoing basis.
The following are the EOPS qualifications:
Thank you for your interest in applying to the EOPS Program at Mt. San Antonio College. Upon review of your application, a staff member will contact you by phone and/or email to let you know if you qualify.Please be aware that our office receives your FAFSA information at least two weeks from the date you submitted the FAFSA application. We cannot begin processing your application until this information is received
- Must be a California resident or AB540 student
- Must be enrolled full time (12 or more units) at Mt. San Antonio College
- Must be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW A or B)
- Must have less than 40 degree applicable units completed at this or any other college/university
- Must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by EOPS Regulations. (must qualify under
at least one):
- Assessment into a basic skills Math, English, or ESL course, or have taken remedial courses.
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained the General Education Diploma (GED).
- Graduated from high school with a less than 2.50 GPA (student must submit an unofficial high school transcript with EOPS application, the transcript will not be returned).
- Previously enrolled in remedial classes.
- Special Admissions includes first-generation college students, ESL, recently emancipated Foster Youth and underrepresented groups.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 274-4500.