The CIS Professional Certificate in Cloud Computing for Amazon Web Services program prepares students to design solutions for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) architectures by provisioning computing instances, establishing virtual private networks, managing databases and storage within a secure online environment. Students produce dynamic solutions responsive to information and computing technology workloads with on-demand pay-as-you-go pricing allowing flexibility for small business, entrepreneurship, and enterprise adoption. Industry certifications are embedded to prepare for occupations in Cloud Architect, Cloud Support Associate, Cloud Engineer or Cloud Technicians. Some preparation in information technology or computer programming is recommended.
Explore the Mt. San Antonio College's Cloud Computing Certificate!
- According to Indeed the average salary for Cloud Engineer is $147,851 per year.
- The Cloud Computing program consists of four (4) core courses with a minimum of one (1) elective course to accumulate the total certificate units. The core courses lay the foundational cloud technology knowledge with the initial course (Introduction to Cloud Computing) being a prerequisite for the other three.
Course Title Units Semester CISN 71 Introduction to Cloud Computing 3.0 1 CISN 72A Cloud Computing Database Essentials in Amazon Web Services 3.0 1 CISN 73A Compute Engines in Amazon Web Services 3.0 2 CISN 74A Security in Amazon Web Services 3.0 2
Required Electives (Choose 1 of the following 3.0-3.5 Units)
Course Title Units Semester CISB 11 Computer Information Systems 3.5 1
- The Certificate can be achieved in two semesters!
- CISN 71 - Spring 2021
- CISN 72A - Spring 2021
- CISN 73A - Spring 2021
- CISN 74A - Fall 2021
- Programming Course- Fall 2021
- CISN 71: 2/22/2021- 04/16/2021| Tuesdays 7:00 - 10:10 PM |Synchronous Online | Instructor: Victor Zamora
- CISN 71: 2/22/2021- 04/16/2021 | Completely Online | Instructor: Paul Mercier
- CISN 72A: 04/19/2021 - 06/11/2021 | Completely Online | Instructor: Velia Orefice
- CISN 73A: 04/19/2021 - 06/11/2021 | Completely Online | Instructor: Vicky Seño
- The estimated tuition costs are based on the college’s current tuition rates of $46/unit for in- state students and $288/unit + $46/unit enrollment fee for out-of-state/non- resident students.
Residents* ~$690-$713 Non Residents* ~$5,010-$5,177
*Please note:The estimation above is only for enrollment tuition and does not include school fees. For more information on Tuition & Fees, pleaseseeAdmission Fees.
- To learn more about our certificate, contactVictor Zamoraatvzamora@mtsac.edu