Mission & Goals
The Mt. SAC CIS Department will provide quality learning opportunities in a diverse and rapidly changing environment. The department strives to maintain a climate dedicated to open exchange and a commitment to the needs of those served.
The Mt. SAC CIS Department strives to be recognized as teaching state of the art courses, responsive to current industry needs, with top-quality instruction.
It will be known that:
- CIS students receive the highest quality education possible.
- CIS student are aware that the staff really cares about their success.
- The CIS Department provides for the needs of transfer, career training and retraining students and for personal enrichment.
- Business and industry views CIS Department as a partner in education, employment, and in the economic development of our community and state.
- CIS career students receive the most up-to-date instruction in state-of-the-art software and hardware.
- CIS students are taught by the highest-quality faculty and staff available.
- The CIS Department uses the latest technology to improve the learning process without losing the personal touch.
The CIS Department has established these goals:
- Expand virtualization so that students in all CIS courses can access the software they need on or off campus
- Continue updating our course software, hardware, and curriculum to remain current with industry
- Increase the number of students earning CIS certificates and degrees
- Align CIS cybersecurity program to the NICE (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education) NIST (National Institute for Standards and Technology) framework
- Continue pursuing internship opportunities for CIS students