Vet Tech Program
Rabies exposure is an occupational hazard for all members of the veterinary healthcare team, and preventive measures are necessary to protect personnel. The RVT Program will be instituting a policy that requires all RVT students be fully rabies vaccinated prior to contact with any live animals per the AVMA CVTEA accreditation policies and procedures. For more information, please visit CDC Pre-exposure Prophylaxis
FALL 2023 RVT APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
If you are still interested in the RVT Program, continue to check our Mt. SAC Vet Tech website for updated Program information and follow the guidelines in "Application Information." Spring 2024 applications are expected to open in mid-November. We will be accepting a limited number of applications, on a first come, first served basis.
In order to register for RVT courses (course prefix AGHE), you must:
- Be a Mt SAC student,
- Declare RVT as your major,
- Fill out the online RVT program application,
- Be invited to the mandatory Program Orientation, and
- Complete additional paperwork discussed at the Orientation
Also, if you have not been enrolled in an AGHE class at Mt. SAC for two consecutive major terms (i.e. Fall and Spring), you will need to complete a new RVT Application for admission to the program. Mt. SAC will always maintain records of the classes taken at Mt. SAC.
***Failure to enroll in any Mt. SAC courses for 2 consecutive major terms requires College re-enrollment.
For new or prospective student questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of our Program!
|Learn More About Our Program|
- Pasadena Humane Society
- Awwdorable Pets -- Vet Tech Pawstomer Advocate
- Awwdorable Pets -- Pawstomer Advocate
- Arrow Animal Hospital
- VetCheck Animal Hospital 12/31/2022
- Stray Cat Alliance
- Hancock Park Veterinary Clinic
- VCA Animal Hospital -- Woodland Hills, CA
- Affordable Animal Hospital Vet Tech -- Tustin, CA
- Affordable Animal Hospital Vet Tech -- Covina, CA
- High Desert Animal Hospital RVT -- Palmdale, CA
- High Desert Animal Hospital Vet Assistant -- Palmdale, CA
- Thrive Pet Care Externship
- Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital - Montclair, CA (Work Externship)
- Long Beach RVT Animal Health Technician
- VCA Glendale
- Alleve Animal Hospital
- Pasadena Humane Wildlife
- Avalon Animal Hospital
- Monterey Park Animal Hospital
- Torrance Animal Hospital
- Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital, Montclair - Veterinary Technician/Assistants & Receptionists
About This Program
Mt. San Antonio College offers an Associate of Science degree in Registered Veterinary Technology. The rigorous curriculum integrates lectures with hands-on labs in our 26,000 square foot agriculture building with animal hospital and our 150-acre working farm. Students are given many opportunities to work with a wide variety of domestic animals and livestock.
At this time, Mt. San Antonio College’s Registered Veterinary Technology Program is experiencing increased demand across all class levels. Due to this impaction and standards set forth by the AVMA regarding class size and instructor-to-student ratios, be advised that we may not be able to accommodate you in obtaining the classes that you need or want to take. Please keep this in mind when applying to an impacted program.
The program is designed to be completed in two years, including both intersessions, for the student who has completed or is at near-completion of their General Education courses, though most students take longer to complete the program. Day and evening classes make our program accommodating to working students. General education coursework and some RVT-specific courses transfer to Cal Poly Pomona, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and other 4-year universities.
The Registered Veterinary Technology Program is fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
M-TH 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM F 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM