Professional Learning Academy
In conjunction with Director of Professional and Organizational Development and the Faculty Professional Development Coordinator, the faculty Professional Learning Team will design and implement a professional learning academy for faculty. As appropriate they will collaborate with classified staff, managers, and students to structure broader learning opportunities, as well.
The focus of this work will be development of learning activities appropriate for professional growth credit that advance the objectives of the campus Equity Plan.
Team members are faculty familiar with Mt. SAC’s professional development program, current research in faculty professional learning, models for organizing faculty professional learning activities, and course/training design for adult (professional) learners.
For 2016-2017, the team’s focus areas are:
- Design and gain formal approvals for the Professional Learning Academy organizational structure and curriculum review process, in conjunction with the Faculty Professional Development Committee, Professional Development Council, and the Salary and Leaves Committee
- Launch a certificate program in equity teaching and learning
- Consult to bring existing professional development programs, such as our online teaching program, developmental education team, and new faculty seminar, into the structure of the Academy
- Collaborate with managers and staff to design a cross-unit leadership institute and certificate
- Create tool kits for multiple “shells” or innovative methods of structuring learning activities for the Academy institutes
- Offer courses in how to design institute learning activities
- Begin work on an Academy catalog
- Implement “branding” for the Academy and design a marketing launch plan
- Continue to engage stakeholders as partners in program development
- Continue research work in assessment models for equity teaching and learning activities toward closing the loop between professional development activities and student success
|Liesel Reinhartemail@example.com||(909) 274-4616|
|Sun Ezzelfirstname.lastname@example.org||(909) 274-6334|
|LeAnn Garrettemail@example.com||(909) 274-4122|