NISOD Annual Conference
March 01, 2019 - 04:26 PM
10-PERSON Mt.SAC Faculty Team will be selected to attend the NISOD Annual Conference from May 24-28 , 2019.
NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence is the definitive gathering of community and technical college educators passionate about teaching and learning. Over the years, NISOD’s annual conference has provided faculty, administrators, and staff with the resources, ideas, and solutions that drive excellence in all areas of community and technical college campuses. Come and be inspired by thought-provoking sessions and pre-conference seminars designed specifically for community and technical college educators committed to improving student achievement. With more than 300 sessions in a variety of focus areas and formats presented by your colleagues from across the nation and internationally, you’ll walk away with dozens of ideas you can implement immediately!
- Selectees will receive full funding for travel, 4 nights hotel, 5 days of meals, and all conference fees–even if you have exhausted POD funding for the year.
- Participants will be required to submit a Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020FlexDay proposal and present, if selected.
Selected participants must attend a mandatory on campus pre-meeting:
May 16, 5-6:30 pm in POD, Room 6-140
The Mt. SAC Team will meet before and throughout the conference and focus session attendance on programs with the following three focus areas:
- Faculty Hiring, Development, Support, and Governance
- Improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Guided Pathways and other Completion and Transfer Efforts