Equity Literacy and Leadership Academy
About the Series
Dr. Regina Stanback Stroud and her consultants will lead Mt. SAC employees through a dynamic Equity Literacy & Leadership Academy (ELLA) tailored for three audiences – Classified Professionals, the Administrative Leadership Team and Faculty. They will facilitate a series of virtual workshops designed to enhance racial literacy, cultivate equity leadership, enhance communication, and cultivate cultural responsiveness in the classroom.
Credit: Pending 20 hours of PGI for faculty and PGB for Classified/Confidential Staff.
* Although a certificate will be issued for full completion of the program, it is not a CEU equivalent towards teaching at Mt. SAC.
Read series descriptions here (PDF).
Download the schema here by right clicking on the image below.
Dates, Times, and Links
Enrollment is open to all college employees (full and part time).
Spring 2023 - Racial & Equity Literacy
Workshop 1 - Principles of Equity: Becoming a Culturally Responsive Educator | April 17, 2023, 2:00 pm
Workshop 2: Who am I? Who is "The Other?" Social Construction of Race | May 22, 2023, 2:00 pm
Workshop 3: Student Cultural Assets: Reframing Student/Teacher Identity | June 5, 2023, 2:00 pm
** Registration will be available on POD Connect by the end of May (watch for campus announcements)
Summer 2023 - Leadership
- Workshop 1: Equity Minded Leadership | July (Dates and times TBD)
- Workshop 2: Leadership Hiring Practices to Diversity the Workforce | August (Dates and times TBD)
Summer/Fall - Communication
- Workshop 1: How to Have Difficult Conversations | August (Dates and Times TBD)
- Workshop 2: White Fragility | September (Dates and Times TBD)
Fall 2023 - Cultural Responsiveness
- Workshop 1: Decolonizing the Classroom, Part I | October (Dates and times TBD)
- Workshop 2: Decolonizing the Classroom, Part II | November (Dates and Times TBD)
- Workshop 3: Decolonizing the Classroom, Part III | December (Dates and times TBD)
About Dr. Regina Stanback Stroud
A co-founder of The Village Demands, Dr. Stanback Stroud, served more than 35 years as an educator. She began her career in education as a professor of nursing at Rancho Santiago College (now Santa Ana College). She later become the Mission College Dean of Workforce and Economic Development, Skyline College Vice President of Instruction, and President, before being appointed Chancellor of the Peralta Community College District. Her successful tenure as College President included leadership in establishment of the Skyline College Promise, the Equity Institute, the SparkPoint Center, and the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning—as well as capital improvements, a new baccalaureate degree, diversification of faculty and staff, and successful fundraising.
Learn more about RSS Consulting