The Board voted unanimously to support the management recommendation for non-renewal of the contract of the Associate Vice President, Administrative Services.
BOARD LEADERSHIP ELECTION
At its annual organizational meeting, the trustees elected Judy Chen Haggerty to serve as president, Gary Chow as vice president, and Dr. Manuel Baca as clerk, effective immediately for one-year terms.
CAMPUS LEADERSHIP REPORTS
Reports were given by Associated Students, Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Faculty Association, CSEA 262, CSEA 651, Management Steering, and Public Affairs. Detailed reports will be reflected in the official minutes when posted online.
Presented a certificate to the following retiring employee:
- Clifford Saunders, Information Technology Support Technician (Information Technology), 35 years of service
Recognized the following retiring employees:
- Vimlesh Bharadwaj, Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer (Information Technology), 22 years of service
- Patricia Romero, Grants Specialist (Grants Office), 23 years of service
- Rosita (Barbara) Soriano, Lead Library Technician (Library and Learning Resources), 37 years of service
- Denise VanTilburg, Administrative Specialist III (Adult Basic Education),15 Years of service
- Marguerite Whitford, Director, Health Services (Health Services), 12 years of service
Introduction of the following newly appointed and promoted employees:
Permanent New Hires
- Jackie Contreras, Project/Program Specialist (Dual Enrollment)
- Tyler Guttierrez, Coordinator, Project Program (Human Resources)
- Cindy Hsieh, Financial Aid Specialist (Financial Aid)
- Melissa Villegas, Administrative Specialist II (Technology and Health)
- Lance Heard, Associate Dean, Humanities and Social Sciences (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Stephanie Castillo, Coordinator, Project/Program (Off-Campus High School Programs)
- Casandra Rubio, Student Services Program Specialist II (Counseling)
INFORMATIONAL REPORT - ORAL REPORT BY EIDE BAILLY LLP, CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
The Board reviewed the Mt. San Antonio Community College District, Financial Aid, Mt. San Antonio College Auxiliary Services Corporation and Measure RR and Measure GO Performance and Financial audits with representatives from Eide Bailly LLP, Certified Public Accountants, for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021. Mt. SAC received an unmodified opinion, which is the best opinion that can be received. There were no findings or recommendations.
INFORMATIONAL REPORT – Mt. San Antonio Adult Education Regional Consortium Update
The Mt. SAC Regional Consortium for Adult Education was established in June 2014 under the direction of AB 86 and subsequently through AB 104. Consortium members include Baldwin Park Unified School District (USD), Bassett USD, Charter Oak USD, Covina-Valley USD, Hacienda La Puente USD, Mt. San Antonio College, Pomona USD, and Rowland USD.
The Mt. SAC Consortium served more than 31,786 students in 2020-21, which is over 11,000 fewer students than the previous year. The pandemic clearly impacted enrollment at all member schools, with campuses providing primarily online instruction and services. Starting Fall 2021, all campuses opened for in-person classes but continued with some online instruction and services. Members report continued enrollment declines, although student headcount is slowly increasing across member institutions. The consortium is the second largest among state consortia with an overall regional budget of $37.1 million.
- Approved the Consent Calendar, with the following pulled and approved separately:
- Quarterly Financial Status Report
- Quarterly Investment Report
- Appropriation Transfers and Budget Revisions Summary
- Contract Agreement with La Quinta Resort & Club for the 2022 Management Retreat
- Memorandum of Understanding Between Archdiocese of Los Angeles and Mt. San Antonio College - Non-Assembly Bill 288 (Dual Enrollment)
- Contract Agreement with RNS Communications, Inc. for Digital Advertisement
- Approved Resolution No. 21-11 - Resolution of the Board of Trustees of the Mt. San Antonio Community College District Authorizing the Automatic Renewal of the California Department of Education California State Preschool Program Contract to the Child Development Center
- Tabled Resolution No. 21-12 - Establishment of the College Police Department
- Approved Year Two-of-Three Negotiated Agreements Between California School Employees Association, Chapter 262 and the Mt. San Antonio Community College District for the Period July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2023
- Approved Year Two-of-Three Negotiated Agreements Between California School Employees Association, Chapter 651 and the Mt. San Antonio Community College District for the Period July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2023
- Approved Proposal to Initiate CSEA, Chapter 651 Negotiations for Year Three-of-Three Reopener Agreement, July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2023
- Held a Public Hearing Regarding Initial Proposals for Year Three-of-Three Re-opener Agreement, July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2023, Between the District and CSEA, Chapter 262
- Selected Trustee Laura Santos as the Los Angeles County Committee Voting Representative
- Accepted the audit reports from Eide Bailly LLP, Certified Public Accountants, for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021, relating to books and records of Mt. San Antonio Community College District, Mt. SAC Auxiliary Services Corporation, Mt. SAC Measure RR, and Measure GO General Obligation Bonds Fund Financial and Performance Audits
- Introduction of Draft Maps for 2021-22 Redistricting
- Campus Vaccination and Testing Program Update
- Proposed Revision to Board Policy 3100 - Organizational Structure
- Proposed Revision to Board Policy 3410 - Prohibition of Unlawful Discrimination
- Proposed Revision to Board Policy 7211 - Minimum Qualifications and Equivalencies
- Revision to Administrative Procedure 3410 - Prohibition of Discrimination
- Revision to Administrative Procedure 5055 - Enrollment Priorities
- Revision to Administrative Procedure 7211 - Minimum Qualifications and Equivalencies
TRUSTEESDr. Manuel Baca Jay Chen Gary Chow Judy Chen Haggerty, Esq.
Peter Hidalgo Robert Hidalgo Laura Santos
Juan Mendoza, Student Trustee
Dr. William T. Scroggins, President & CEO