Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do students go to apply to Mt. SAC?Go to www.mtsac.edu
Go to the Mt. San Antonio College Home Page
Click on red button Apply Now
Scroll down to blue button
Click on Apply Now or Steps to Apply
It will take you to California Community Colleges/Open CCC
New students click on Create an Account
Follow prompts to create an account and then continue on to start a new application to Mt. San Antonio College
At the end of the Mt. San Antonio College application student will be asked to print the Confirmation Page
Print the Confirmation Page!
- Do students need their social security number to apply to Mt. San Antonio College?No, if student forgot their social security #, click I Decline. Student can provide it to Admissions & Records in person at the Admissions & Records Office (Bldg. 9B 1st floor) at a later date.
If student does not have a social security # they can still apply. Contact Mt. SAC Dream Program at 909-274-5596 or www.mtsac.edu/dream and they will assist you with the application or any questions you may have.
- What is a "Confirmation Number"?The confirmation number is the number the student receives at the end of the application as the receipt (proof) the application was submitted. The confirmation number is an eight digit number (with no letters).
The confirmation number can be used to verify students' ID and term applied to with Admissions & Records.
- When is the Pre-Approval form due?Pre-Approval forms are due at least 3 weeks prior to students taking test and/or completing required class.
- How do I get a Pre-Approval form?
- Do students need to apply to the college to receive units?Yes.
- Do students need to apply even if they have no plans to attend Mt. SAC?Yes. All students taking exams or requesting credit must apply to the college. Students are not obligated to attend the college. Applying to the college is necessary for the creation of a student record. Without the record, it is not possible to post units of credit.
- Is there a fee to apply?There is no cost for applying to the college or for Articulation credit.
- When preparing student paperwork for Articulation, is it necessary to provide an "official"
transcript that has the final grade?
Unofficial transcripts are handled in one of two ways depending on if your students are required to take an exam
- EXAM – we require an unofficial transcript to be submitted no later than one week prior to taking the exam. We understand that the secondary final grade will not have been posted by this time, it is not necessary – we check the transcript to make sure the student has met all the necessary requirements to participate in articulation.
- NON-EXAM – because Mt. SAC faculty are relying on the secondary final grade to post on the student’s Mt. SAC transcript, we require an unofficial transcript to be submitted AFTER the final grades have been posted for the term by your registrar’s office.
- How do I transfer Articulation credit to my current College/University?Go to https://www.mtsac.edu/records/student-records/transcripts.html
Follow the directions on the page to send official transcripts to another College/University
- How do I create a new application if I applied to the WRONG semester?You will need to create a new application by logging back into your cccapply account.
Go to https://www.opencccapply.net/gateway/apply?cccMisCode=851
Click on SIGN IN
Log in by using your user name and password created when you applied the first time.
Click on START A NEW APPLICATION
When asked what semester you are applying to, choose SPRING semester
- Where do students go to apply to Mt. SAC?