- Salaries & WagesASCP certified histotechnicians and technologists in California are amongst the highest paid in the nation. Compensation will depend on experience, area of specialty, location, and other factors. For more information, please refer to the Student Handbook.
- Benefits OfferedHistotechnicians often receive the following benefits: medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, pension plans, 401K or 403B plans, and incentive programs for continuing education.
- Supply & Demand AssessmentAccording to the American Society for Clinical Pathology, there are more jobs for histotechnicians than educated people to fill these jobs. The need for histotechnicians is great throughout the country, offering histotechnicians an unlimited choice of employment.
- Technical & Personal Characteristics Needed
The following skills or traits are beneficial to students enrolling in the histotechnician training program:
- Strong interest in the sciences
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Common sense
- Problem solvers
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Professional demeanor
- Salaries & Wages