Campus Equity & Diversity Committee
Purpose & Function
The Campus Equity and Diversity Committee promotes a climate of equal access and opportunity in order to improve workforce diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, anitracism, and accessibility (DEISAA) efforts. The Committee also seeks to strengthen and expand the ability of administrative officers and employees to demonstrate sensitivity to, and understanding of, the values and benefits of DEISAA among college students and the workforce.
The Function of the Campus Equity & Diversity Committee is to:
- Review the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan and make ongoing recommendations.
- Review college employment practices and Board Policies as they relate to the committee’s purpose. Develop recommendations to ensure that such practices reflect a sensitivity to and understanding of student and employee DEISAA.
- Review and recommend employment policies, procedures, and practices to eliminate bias and unlawful discrimination in the hiring process and in the workplace.
- Review and recommend appropriate training on the requirements of applicable Title 5 regualtions and of state and federal nondiscrimination laws as necessary.
- Communicate recommendations and adopted policies regarding DEISAA to the District and the campus community
*reviewed and approved 4/23