Activate a New Recognized Student Club/Organization (RSCO)
- The following steps have been developed to guide you towards activating your new RSCO:
The ICC Advisor will then give access and instructions to the Primary Advisor to submit the RSCO’s officers’ A# via the Club Management system to check eligibility.*Note: An RSCO will not be allowed to form if a similar RSCO already exists.
- Find a Primary advisor / Co-advisor(s) and 5 eligible students to serve as officers
- Develop an RSCO constitution using the template below
- Ask your primary Advisor to email the following to the ICC Advisor, Julia Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Advisor name, Advisor A# and RSCO name
- Proposed Constitution (use the constitution template)
- Primary Advisor must be a permanent full-time college employee.
- Co-Advisor(s) are optional, but recommended and must be a permanent (full-time or part-time) college employee(s).
*Note: Officers may only serve in one position at a time.
Be enrolled in 3 or more Mt. SAC graded units
Have a Mt. SAC Cumulative GPA of 2.0
Maintain a minimum 2.0 semester GPA
Have paid the current Student Activities Fee
Serve as an officer no more than a total of four semesters
- First time Mt. SAC students with no prior units are eligible to serve as an RSCO Officer
- Develop a constitution with the assistance of the RSCO’s advisor and prospective officers, following the guidelines provided in the template (download template here). Any text in red must remain in the constitution. Type directly into the constitution template and remove wording after filling in your RSCO’s information.
- The draft of the constitution will be reviewed by the ICC Advisor. All requested revisions must be made prior to presenting this document to the Inter-Club Council (ICC). *RSCO constitutions will only be reviewed if all paperwork listed above is complete and all officers listed are eligible.
- Once the constitution is approved by the ICC Advisor, it will be placed on the ICC agenda for voting. A representative from the prospective RSCO must be present.
- Amendments or changes to a RSCO constitution must follow the same approval process as newly submitted constitutions (refer to item #2).
Julia Walker, ICC Advisor
Student Life Center