June 18, at 3PM to 6PM
Arrive at Mt. SAC Way off Temple Ave.
*** Register by Monday, June 15, at 11:59PM in order to receive special accommodations
The first 1,000 graduates to register for the Drive Thru Celebration will receive
a Student Success Recognition Package at the event. It includes a Mt. SAC stole, 2020
tassel, diploma cover and collegiate mementos.
Due to the volume of graduates, drive thru commencement participants will be asked
to (1) register and (2) arrive to campus at an assigned window of time. There are
a limited number of participation slots available.
To ensure the event follows Los Angeles County public health orders, please note the
- REGISTER: To keep the event running smoothly, graduates will be asked to register for the event online.
- ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS: Students who completed their studies in Fall 2019, Winter 2020, Spring 2020 and Summer
2020 may participate in the event. Fall and Winter students have completed their graduation
requirements. Spring and Summer graduates are invited to participate in the celebration,
but their graduation verifications will be completed at a later time. The summer graduation
petition deadline is June 12.
- ONE CAR PER GRADUATE: To comply with public health orders, each graduate may have ONE car. Graduates are
encouraged to have family and friends watch them cross the "stage" through the live
broadcast on Mt. SAC's YouTube channel.
- WINDOWS UP: Participants should keep their car windows up. If car windows are down at any time,
a face covering is required. Convertibles should have their tops up.
- NO EXIT: Graduates and participants may not exit the vehicle for photographs. A public restroom
stop will be available at Building 12, midway through the drive-thru route.
- RECOGNITION PACKAGE: Graduates will receive a recognition package, which can be placed into an open trunk
or open window. If the package is provided through an open window, car occupants must
wear face coverings. Graduates may wear their stole and/or tassel as they pass the
red carpet at the end of the drive-thru.
- DRIVE-THRU INSTRUCTIONS: Full details to participate in the Drive-Thru Celebration will be emailed to registered
students. They will be asked to arrive at Mt. SAC Way, off Temple Ave. at their designated time. View the Drive-Thru Celebration Route.