Mt. SAC Relays Start April 18
April 12, 2019 - 01:13 PM
The 61st edition of the world famous Mt. SAC Relays will be held on April 18 through April 20. Over 4,000 youth through world-class athletes will compete for the final time at Murdock Stadium, on the campus of El Camino College in Torrance. The 2020 event will return to Hilmer Lodge Stadium at Mt. SAC.
This year’s event will once again feature track and field stars from over 30 countries and will be an exciting preview to next year’s 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
The Relays will begin on April 18 with the hammer throw competitions which will be held at Mt. SAC from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The first night of the distance carnival will feature the invitational 10,000 meters. On April 19, the collegiate invitational and the second night of the distance carnival, which will feature the top high school and collegiate teams as well as a number of distance stars in the various distance relays, 5,000 meters and steeplechase, will be held.
The “Day of Champions” will be held on April 20 and will feature the high school and elite division invitational sections. The day will kick-off with the always memorable Munchkin Run at 10 a.m. and will conclude in the evening with the high school 4X1600M relay.
Some of the featured stars scheduled to compete at this year’s event include:
- Brianna Rollins-McNeal-2016 Olympic 100M Hurdle Gold Medalist
- Keni Harrison-100M Hurdles World Record Holder
- Michael Norman-400M World Indoor Record Holder/Vista Murrieta H.S./USC
- Jenna Prandini-NCAA Division 1-100M and Long Jump Champion
- Vashti Cunningham-6 time U.S. High Jump Champion/HS High Jump Record Holder
- Ameer Webb -NCAA Division 1 Champion/100M best of 9.96/ Tustin H.S./Cerritos College
- Cravon Gillespie-Collegiate 100M leader at 10.04/Monrovia H.S./Mt. SAC/ Oregon
Tickets for the Mt. SAC Relays maybe purchased online or at the gate. For tickets or additional information, visit the Mt. SAC Relays website at www.mtsacrelays.com