Frequently Asked Questions
- What 4 year institutions does Mt. SAC Interior Design Program have articulation and
Mt. SAC has articulation and transfer with the following schools: CSULB, WOODBURY UNIVERSITY, CSU CHICO, CSU NORTHRIDGE, SAN JOSE STATE, SAN FRANCISCO STATE, CAL POLY POMONA.
For more info, please visit the following link: https://www.mtsac.edu/interiordesign/articulation_transfer.html
- How do I apply to your program?
Please visit the following link: https://www.mtsac.edu/admissions/steps-to-apply/index.html
- How much is the cost?For in-state students, the cost is about $2,300 for tuition. For out-of-state students, the cost is about $13,150. (Figure does not including books and materials).
- What is the employment rate and average salary for new graduates?According to the Bureau of Labor Statics, the average salary is $48,840 per year and $23.48 per hour. Employment of interior designers is projected to grow 4 percent from 2014 to 2024. Designers will be needed to respond to consumer expectations that the interiors of homes and offices meet certain conditions, such as being environmentally friendly and more easily accessible.
- What interior Designers do:Interior designers make interior spaces functional, safe, and beautiful by determining space requirements and selecting decorative items, such as colors, lighting, and materials. They read blueprints and must be aware of building codes and inspection regulations, as well as universal accessibility standards. Many interior designers work for the specialized design services industry or for the architectural, engineering, and related services industry. In 2014, about 1 in 4 were self-employed. (According to the Bureau of Labor Statics)
- What are the requirements for the AS degree?
Please visit the following link: https://www.mtsac.edu/interiordesign/degree.html
- What are the requirements for the certificates?
To obtain the certificates, you do not need to fulfill the GE requirements. Please visit the following link: https://www.mtsac.edu/interiordesign/certificates.html
- What if I already have a Bachelor Degree?
If you already have a Bachelor Degree, you may not obtain another Bachelor, however, you may get a Masters in Interior Design. Mt. SAC. has articulation and transfer agreement with Cal Poly Pomona for the Masters of Interior Architecture Program. Please visit the following link for more info: https://www.mtsac.edu/interiordesign/articulation_transfer.html
- How long will it takes for me to complete the program?
It will take approximately 10 semesters for you to complete the program. Please visit the following link for more info: https://www.mtsac.edu/interiordesign/program_planning.html
- What 4 year institutions does Mt. SAC Interior Design Program have articulation and transfer with?