Purpose & Function
The Police and Campus Safety Advisory Committee is the primary advisory group that promotes effective communication and collaboration between constituent groups and Police and Campus Safety to maintain a positive campus relationship with regard to public safety issues. The goals of this Committee include:
- Establishing and supporting guidelines for effective community oriented policing that is reflective of Mt. SAC’s campus culture.
- Assisting the Police and Campus Safety Department with campus campaigns on emerging issues related to campus community, safety, and security.
- Making recommendations regarding ongoing training for campus constituents on managing campus safety concerns.
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding the Police and Campus Safety policies, procedures, incidents, and training.
- Integrate campus policy issues with Police and Campus Safety operations.
- Review Police and Campus Safety incidents such as use of force or complaints and identify possible policy and/or procedure changes.
- Review and make recommendations regarding Board Policies and Administrative Procedures related to campus safety and security.
- Conduct surveys of the campus climate in regards to Police and Campus Safety.
- Review the Facilities Master Plan for safety and security issues and needs.
- Liaise with the Behavior and Wellness team regarding threat assessments.
- Advise on the transition to a POST certified police department.