Professional Development Council (PDC)
The Professional Development Council provides direction to the college community to ensure classified staff, faculty, and managers expand their knowledge and skills needed to increase student success and enhance their professional development. The Council is comprised of classified, faculty, and management representatives.
The function of the PDC is:
- To make recommendations for professional development at the College, including reporting on campus-wide professional development to President's Advisory Council.
- To assess professional development needs of the College.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of professional development activities on campus, and to recommend ongoing changes.
- To receive and review recommendations from subcommittees (Classified Professional Development Committee, Faculty Professional Development Committee, and Management Professional Development Committee).
- To maintain the guidelines and procedures for Conference & Travel funding and to make determinations about employee conference and travel support.
- To screen workshops submitted for Salary Schedule Credit and make recommendations to Salary and Leaves Committee using guidelines established by Salary and Leaves.
- To assist in planning and/or implementation of large professional development events on campus (i.e. Parachutes and Ladders, FLEX, Professional Development Day, etc.).
|Lianne Greenlee||Director, Professional & Organizational (Co-Chair)||Ongoing|
|Liesel Reinhart||Coordinator, Faculty Professional Development (Co-Chair)/ Appointed by Academic Senate||2016-2018|
|Maryann Angel-Gomez||Member/ Appointed by Continuing Education||2015-2017|
|Rosa Asencio||Member/ Appointed by CSEA 262||2016-2018|
|John Lewallen||Classified Senate President/ Appointed by Classified Senate||2016-2018|
|Dan McGeogh||Member/ Appointed by Academic Senate||2015-2018|
|Vacant||Member/ Appointed by CSEA 651||2016-2018|
|Vacant||Member/ Appointed by Faculty Association||2014-2017|
|Grace Hanson||Member/ Appointed by Management Steering||2015-2017|
Meeting Schedule (2016-17)
Meetings are held the First Thursday of the Month, September thru June, excluding January.
|September 3, 2015|
|October 1, 2015|
|November 5, 2015|
|December 3, 2015|
|February 4, 2016|
|March 3, 2016|
|April 7, 2016|
|May 5, 2016|
|June 2, 2016|
Agenda Archives (2014-15)
|September 4, 2014|
|October 2, 2014|
|November 6, 2014|
|December 4, 2014|
|January 2015||No Meeting|
|February 5, 2015|
|March 5, 2015|
|April 2, 2015|
|May 7, 2015|
|June 4, 2015|