Future Teacher Links
- BTSA: Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- California Dept. of Teacher Education
- Employment and Recruitment site currently listing over 7,000 job vacancies in education
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Student Academic Content Standards
- Teach California
- U.S. Department of Education
- Survival Guide for New Teachers
- CalStateTeach, Teacher Preparation Program
Online University Informational Site
- CSU Teach
- CSU Fullerton's Center for Careers in Teaching
- CSU Long Beach College of Education
- Cal Poly Pomona College of Education
- UC Teacher Prep
- University of California Irvine School of Education
- UCI's Future Teacher Highway (Focus)
- Chapman University
- The Simple Dollar
Type in teacher under 'Quick Search' for more...
- California Teachers Association Martin Luther King Jr., Memorial Scholarship
- L. Gordon Bittle Memorial Scholarship for Students CTA
- Future Teacher Scholarship
- California Child Development Grant Program
- Albert A. Mark, Education Scholarship for Teacher Education
- Edison International Scholarship Program
The Edison International Public Scholarship rewards public high school students who show potential for a successful college career and exhibit financial need
- Dean Children Memorial Scholarship
Applicant must be Education majors and residents of the following areas of California: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Kern, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Ventura, Riverside, Orange and San Diego.
Loan Assumption (Cancellation) Program
- Assumption Program of Loans for Education (APLE)
The APLE is a competitive teacher incentive program designed to encourage outstanding students, district interns, and out-of-state teachers to become California teachers in subject areas where a critical teacher shortage has been identified or in designated schools meeting specific criteria established by the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program, FEEL and Direct Loan Programs
To qualify, you must have been employed as a full-time teacher for five consecutive complete academic years in an elementary or secondary school that has been designated as a "low-income" school by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Academic Competitiveness Grant
An Academic Competitiveness Grant will provide up to $750 for the first year of undergraduate study and up to $1,300 for the second year of undergraduate study to full-time students who are U.S citizens, eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, and who had successfully completed a rigorous high school program, as determined by the state or local education agency and recognized by the Secretary of Education. Second year students must also have maintained a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0. The program will be available for the first time for the 2006-07 school year for first year students who graduated from high school after January 1, 2006 and for second year students who graduated from high school after January 1, 2005. The Academic Competitiveness Grant award is in addition to the student's Pell Grant award.
- National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant or National Grant or
National SMART Grant
A National SMART Grant will provide up to $4,000 for each of the third and fourth years of undergraduate study to full-time students who are U.S. citizens, eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, and majoring in physical, life, or computer sciences, mathematics, technology, or engineering or in a foreign language determined critical to national security. The student must also have maintained a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in coursework required for the major. The National SMART Grant award is in addition to the student's Pell Grant award.
- Financial Aid - I Can Afford College Now
This resource will provide information on the many different types of financial aid available year round at California Community Colleges and directly connect you with events in your area where you can get free professional assistance completing the forms.
- Fast Web
Find college financial aid and scholarship information on this comprehensive search engine.
- Teacher's Network - Empower, Recognize and Connect Teachers
- Who Do U Want 2 B
- Financial Aid - I Can Afford College Now