Apply For Scholarships
Mt. SAC Scholarship Program
Scholarship Opportunity Information
- Associated Students Book Scholarship
- California Real Estate Endowment Fund $1,200 Scholarship
- Edison International Fire Program Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Listing
Associated Students Book Scholarship
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units
- Have no more than 60 cumulative units completed
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or be a first time college student
- Be clear of all financial obligations to Mt. SAC
- Have paid the Student Activities Fee for the current semester (fall or spring)
- Have a current FAFSA or Dream Act application on file at Mt. SAC and be determined to have unmet need
California Real Estate Endowment Fund $1,200 Scholarship
Students pursuing careers in real estate may be eligible for scholarships of up to $1200 per academic year through the Foundation's Real Estate Endowment Scholarship program. Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis (pending eligibility).
The scholarship application filing period begins on September 1st each year. Because scholarships are limited, students are encouraged to apply as quickly as possible. NOTE as of November 1, 2022 - all funds for the current academic year have been exhausted.
- Scholarship preference shall be given to students who have declared a real estate education major or a major in a related field with a concentration in real estate.
- Applicants must be eligible for a California College Promise Grant or be experiencing other circumstances demonstrating a significant obstacle to the pursuit of higher education.
- Applicants must satisfactorily complete at least one three-unit college course in
Real Estate with a grade of C (2.0) or higher prior to applying for the scholarship.
◦ The “non-Real Estate courses” described in the bullet point below do not satisfy this prerequisite.
- Applicants must be enrolled in and complete three (3) semester units each semester
(or the quarter equivalent) in real estate courses defined by the California Department
of Real Estate as meeting pre-license education course requirements or as required
by the institution for completion of a real estate certificate.
◦ In addition to those courses specifically labeled by the college as Real Estate courses (e.g., RE 52, RE 56, RE 57, etc.), the following “non-Real Estate” courses are acceptable: General Accounting, Business Law, or General Economics. However, applicants must already have met the three-unit Real Estate course prerequisite noted in the bullet point above.
Edison International Fire Program Scholarship
Be currently enrolled in the Mt. SAC Fire Academy
- Have a current FAFSA or CA Dream Act application on file at Mt. SAC and be determined to have unmet need
For more information, email email@example.com.
Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Program
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation’s top community college students to complete their bachelor’s degrees by transferring to a selective four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $55,000 per year to each of approximately 55 deserving students selected annually, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees – for the final two to three years necessary to achieve a bachelor’s degree. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
- Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status, or a recent graduate (within the last five years).
- Intend to enroll full time in an accredited four-year college or university in fall 2023.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above in community college.
- Demonstrate financial need. (JKC will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. During the selection process, the Foundation will conduct a full financial review which will take into account all income and assets of the student and parents.)
Want to know more about the Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship? Not sure if you should apply? Have any questions about your application? For further information, visit the JKC Foundation.
Off-Campus Scholarship Opportunities
To view a listing of scholarships provided by the Mt. SAC Scholarship Program Office, visit the Mt. SAC External Opportunities page.