Math 71B SLO and CMO
MATH 71B SLO
- Students will be able to solve a wide variety of equations without being told what type of equation they are solving.
- Students will be able to graph a wide variety of functions and conic sections.
MATH 71B CMO
- Solve the following types of equations in one variable: polynomial, absolute value, rational, radical, exponential, and logarithmic. Use the square root property, completing the square, quadratic formula, and factoring methods to solve quadratic equations and others that are quadratic in form. Solve applications involving these types of equations. Solve literal equations.
- Define a function and its domain and range, find the domain of a function involving rational or radical expressions. Perform operations on functions.
- Solve polynomial and rational inequalities. Solve compound inequalities.
- Solve linear and non-linear systems in two variables; also, linear systems in three variables. Solve applications using linear systems.
- Construct, interpret and analyze graphs for the following: linear and quadratic equations, conic sections, linear inequalities, exponential and logarithmic functions, and both linear and non-linear systems. Find the equation of a line given facts about the line.
- Use the rules for exponents to simplify expressions.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, and factor polynomials.
- Simplify and perform operations on rational expressions. Simplify complex fractions.
- Evaluate and perform operations on radical terms, expressions containing rational exponents, and complex numbers. Rationalize denominators.
- Evaluate and perform operations on exponential and logarithmic functions. Find the inverse of a function.
- Find the values of a sequence. Evaluate series. Apply the binomial theorem.