MATH 5 SLO's
- Students feel that Math 5 has improved their overall mathematical understanding and ability in Math 51. (measured by survey)
- Math 5 students will be able to solve linear equations having integer, decimal, and rational coefficients.
- Math 5 students will be able to perform operations with polynomials and rational expressions.
MATH 5 CMO's
- Use the order of operations to simplify arithmetic problems involving whole numbers,
integers, and rational numbers.
- Find perimeter, area, volume, and angles of geometric figures.
- Simplify using basic rules of exponents.
- Solve linear, quadratic, rational, and radical equations.
- Graph linear equations and linear inequalities in two variables.
- Simplify and perform operations on polynomial, rational, and radical expressions.
- Solve systems of equations.
- Factor polynomials.
- Translate word sentences to equations.
- Solve applications.
- Communicate effectively in mathematical language.