Math 181 SLO and CMO
MATH 181 SLO
- Students can integrate algebraic and transcendental function using a variety of techniques.
- Students can apply the definite integral to applications.
- Students can determine convergence of infinite series of various forms using various techniques.
- Students can describe objects algebraically and geometrically in various 2- or 3-dimensional coordinate systems.
MATH 181 CMO
- Use definite integrals to calculate areas between curves and volumes - including solids of revolution, work, the mean value of functions, arc lengths, areas of surfaces of revolution, moments, centers of mass, and other physics applications.
- Evaluate indefinite and definite integrals (proper and improper) using integration by parts, trigonometric identities and substitutions, partial fractions, tables, computer algebra systems, and numerical techniques.
- Solve separable differential equations with applications.
- Plot curves parametrically and in polar coordinates, using calculus to compute associated areas, arc-lengths, and slopes.
- Test for convergence for sequences and series using the integral, comparison, alternating series, ratio, and root tests.
- Determine representations of functions as power series including Taylor and Maclaurin series.
- Use power series in applications.