Math 130 SLO and CMO
MATH 130 SLO
- Students will be able to simplify an expression that is either polynomial, rational, radical, exponential or logarithmic.
- Students will be able to solve an equations that is either polynomial, rational, radical, exponential, logarithmic, or literal.
- Students will be able to graph a function (or relation) that is either polynomial, rational, exponential or logarithmic.
MATH 130 CMO
- Simplify expressions, including polynomial, rational, radical, exponential and logarithmic.
- Solve equations and inequalities, including linear, higher-order polynomial, rational, radical, exponential, logarithmic and literal.
- Perform operations with functions including composition
- Determine domain, range and inverse of functions.
- Graph functions and relations such as: piece-wise defined functions, polynomial functions, rational functions, exponential functions, logarithmic functions, linear transformations of basic functions and circle.
- Solve systems of equations (linear and non-linear) by methods of substitution, elimination, graphing and matrices.
- Analyze a variety of applied problems (including variation problems) and work with the resulting equations or functions to respond to the problems, using complete sentence responses.
- Expand powers of binomials using the Binomial Theorem.
- Prove statements using mathematical induction.
- Recognize patterns in sequences and series (arithmetic and geometric) to determine terms and find sums, using sigma notation as appropriate.
- Demonstrate properties of matrices.