Math 120 SLO and CMO
MATH 120 SLO
- Students will be able to solve a linear programming problem using the geometric approach.
- Students will be able to solve a binomial probability distribution problem.
MATH 120 CMO
- Apply techniques of mathematical modeling to problems from business, economics and social sciences using formulas, graphs, and systems of equations.
- Apply linear programming techniques for maximizing and minimizing linear functions.
- Apply formulas for calculating interest, present value, annuities, and sinking funds, as well as determine payments and lump sum deposits.
- Translate large amounts of real life data into mathematical models involving matrices, and use matrix theory to manipulate data.
- Propose appropriate counting models involving sets, permutations, and combinations for situations where straightforward counting is impractical.
- Formulate probabilistic models and calculate the probability of various events.
- Develop models that use Markov chains to study patterns for the future and to make predictions.
- Analyze, organize, and interpret numerical data.