Math 110H SLO and CMO
MATH 110H SLO
- Students will be able to determine descriptive statistics from a sample.
- Students will be able to use sample statistics to develop a confidence interval for population parameters.
- Using sample statistics from one or more samples, students will be able to test a claim made about a population parameter.
- Using bivariate data, students will be able to determine whether a significant linear correlation exists between two variables and determine the equation of the regression line.
MATH 110H CMO
- Define basic statistical terms and notation.
- Describe the proper methods in the collection, classification and presentation of quantitative data.
- Explain the basic concepts of probability theory and calculate probabilities.
- Select the appropriate statistical methods for any application covered.
- Employ the principles of inferential statistics in the areas of estimation and hypothesis testing.
- Utilize statistical techniques with a variety of applications that pertain to business, the social, natural and physical sciences.
- Utilize computer technology to aide in the solution of statistical analyses.
- Integrate problem solving and analysis skills utilizing real-world sample data.