The Mt. San Antonio College Library supports student success through knowledgeable and effective instruction and service to students, faculty, and staff by educating them to use appropriate resources and technologies for teaching and learning and by providing access to a comprehensive collection that supports the College’s curricula and that serves the needs of our diverse college community.
- Instruction: Strengthen information competency instruction for all students as well as fulfilling the Student Equity Plan to provide information competency instruction for targeted student demographics.
- Reference: Provide instruction-based reference services to support users' educational and research needs.
- Collection Development: Develop the library collections on a continuous basis to support the college curriculum and life-long learning goals through the effective management and acquisition of materials and ongoing consultation and collaboration with discipline experts.
- Outreach: Inform the College community about Library services, collections, and curriculum.
- Research and Discovery: Provide a technologically supported integrated interface to enhance the student experience for discovery and access to library and vendor resources that fulfill student educational and research needs.
- Cultural Diversity and Competency: Utilize the framework of the Diversity Standards: Cultural Competency for Academic Libraries (2012) to address the complexities of serving and instructing diverse user populations and to transform the organization to reflect a dedication to culturally competent user-centered practice.
- Borrower Confidentiality: Under California law, California Government Code Section 6267, and in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, library patron records and circulation records are confidential. The Library will not disclose any information concerning user library registration or circulation activity to non-library staff, except under legal directive, such as subpoena, court order, or required compliance with a USA Patriot Act information request.
- Computer Use, Two-Hour Loan Laptop Policy, and Two-Hour Loan Laptop Signature Form
- Collection Development (pdf)
- Mutual Lending Agreement with Cal Poly Pomona University Library (pdf)
- Overdue, Assumed Lost, and Damaged Library Materials (pdf)