Psychiatric Technician to RN, AS S1209Program: S1209
|ENGL 1A||Freshman Composition||4.0|
|CHEM 10||Chemistry-Allied Health||4.0|
|CHEM 40||(or) Intro General Chemistry|
|ANAT 10A||Intro Human Anatomy||4.0|
|SPCH 1A||Public Speaking||4.0|
|AA/S KINES||Phys Ed (KIN) Activity Course||0.5|
|ANAT 10B||Intro Human Physiology||4.0|
|AA/S MATH||Meet AA/AS Math Comptcy Req||3.0|
|AA/S ARTS||Area C-1 Arts Course||3.0|
|CHLD 10||Child Growth & Develop||3.0|
|PSYC 14||(or) Developmental Psychology|
|AA/S HUM||Area C-2 Humanities Course||4.0|
|AA/S USHIS||Area D-1 Hist/Pol Sc Course||3.0|
|MICR 22||(or) Microbiology|
|NURS 4||Maternity Nursing||3.0|
|NURS 6||Pediatric Nursing||3.0|
|NURS 7||Med/Surg-Ntr/Elim/Sur Ase||7.0|
|NURS 8||M/S Nursing Circ/Oxygen||5.0|
|NURS 9||Leadership in Nursing||1.0|
|NURS 10||MS Nurs Integ/Regulation||4.0|
|NURS 11||Preceptorship in Nursing||2.0|
Degree requirements include reading competency. This requirement is met by attaining eligibility for READ 100. You may complete READ 90 or take the reading placement exam and earn a 65 or higher (eligibility for READ 100).
Nursing Program: https://www.mtsac.edu/nursing/application.html
Multiple Screening Criteria: https://www.mtsac.edu/nursing/multicriteriascreening.html
Information Sessions: https://www.mtsac.edu/nursing/informationalmeetings.html
Nursing Prerequisite Requirements:
- Human Anatomy, including a laboratory component (4 units)
- Human Physiology, including a laboratory component (4 units)
- Microbiology, including a laboratory component (4 units)
- ENGL 1A Freshman Composition (4 units)
- PSYC 1A Introduction to Psychology (3 units)
- CHLD 10 Child Growth and Lifespan Development (3 units)
- or PSYC 14 Developmental Psychology (3 units)
- An overall grade point average of 2.5 for the Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and Microbiology prerequisite courses with no grade less than a “C” for each course and no more than one repetition of any one of these courses.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 for all college coursework completed.
- Eligibility for MATH 71 (Preferably MATH 71 or a college level math course completed).
- High school graduation or GED or academic degree from an accredited college/university in the United States.
- Possess a current, active California Licensed Vocational Nurse license.
- A physical examination, including specific immunizations is required of all candidates prior to the beginning of nursing classes.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Criminal background check and drug screening must be completed prior to any patient contact