The Student Equity Committee meets every 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month from 2:30
- 4:00 p.m. The Co-Chairs are Eric Lara, Associate Dean of Student Success and Equity
and Bruce Nixon, Faculty. This is an open meeting - zoom meeting ID# 923 1038 1248.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/92310381248
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16699006833,92310381248# or +12532158782,92310381248#
Or Telephone Dial: +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll); +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll); +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll); +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll); +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll); +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
Acknowledging Indigenous Peoples of Mt. SAC
It is important for Mt. SAC to acknowledge that our campus resides on what was historically
the homeland of indigenous people. At the start of each Student Equity Committee
meeting, we acknowledge the indigenous people at Mt. SAC:
“We would like to take a moment to acknowledge that we are on Tongva land and recognize them as the traditional caretakers of Tovaangar (the Los Angeles Basin, So. Channel Islands), what we now call home. We would also like to pay our respects to the Honuukvetam (Ancestors), ‘Ahiihirom (Elders) and ‘Eyoohiinkem (our relatives/relations) past, present and emerging.”
The purpose of the Student Equity Committee is to study, monitor, and make recommendations to appropriate bodies regarding the College's annual Student Equity and Achievement Program (SEAP) Work Plan, Student Equity Plan, and student equity and racial justice efforts.
- Monitor submission, implementation, updates, evaluation, and overall compliance of the Student Equity plan submitted to the State Chancellor's Office.
- Monitor submission, implementation, updates, evaluation, and overall compliance of the annual Mt. San Antonio College Student Equity and Achievement Program (SEAP) Work Plan.
- Make recommendations to campus committees and councils regarding program and process improvement and needed interventions relative to student equity issues of access, retention, transfer level Math/English, transfer, certificate/AA/AS, and other relevant metrics in order to close the achievement gap.
- Assist the College community in broadening and deepening its understanding of student equity efforts and concerns.
- Make recommendations regarding the integration of student equity values and principles into the College’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Strategic Plan, and other efforts relevant to student equity.