Support Services for Faculty
The Faculty Center for Leaning Technology (FCLT) is a team of instructional designers.
What is an instructional designer? We like to help. We do so by creating training, workshops, and courses and training materials in a variety of formats and modalities to inform professors on available tools and options to design courses including specific elements within a course (such as assessments) using good pedagogical practices. We also help to manage tools and collect feedback on them. We try to ease teaching and learning work by creating various content including guides, templates, and readymade information that professors can use to quickly generate the course materials they need to support their students.
We like to help but we are NOT a helpdesk. When we are used as a help desk, we are unable to make the materials that can support the most people. For this reason, the FCLT prefers not to answer questions individually. We can help with non-urgent questions about Canvas, course design, and information about accessibility and other regulations that apply to digital materials by learning what you need through conversations and feedback, and creating support materials. There are also many Canvas and the help desk self-service resources and many basic Canvas questions are answered simply by a search in Google. Please use these resources before contacting us.
Need urgent or one-one help with basic Canvas questions? Use the resources below!
Help From a Person
- 24/7 Canvas helpline: 833-345-2892 (faculty line)
- Canvas Live Chat 24/7 for faculty (can access from Help button in Canvas)
- File a Canvas Help ticket under "Help" in Canvas menu
- Local Mt. SAC IT help desk, call 909-274-4357, or email@example.com
- Faculty Facilitators Six Academic Senate-appointed faculty facilitators who offer one-on-one faculty support with simple Canvas needs and online course creation.
I need help with...
|Help Need||Unit that Supports|
|Argos, Banner, equipment provision, Office 365, noninstructional technology, phones, Portal, website, website/document accessibility, wifi.||IT Support|
|Online class information, online services and programs,how to get started online||Mt. SAC Online|
|Calendar of activities for faculty, transcript of professional learnning, Vision Resource Center community and online self-paced training options (Lynda/LinkedIn training, Skillsoft, @ONE), FOMA Readiness, SPOT training sign-up|
|Smartboards, classroom audiovisual equipment and training, captioning services, public event support|
|Information about student accommodations and accessibility opinions, including live captioners and sign language interpreters|
Student Resources Professors Can Provide
- Tutoring for Students discover the many forms of academic student support including math, writing, and subject-specific supports, both online and on campus.
- Distance Learning Support for Students web resources for those interested in online courses at Mt. SAC.
- ACCESS request accommodations and learn about accessibility resources.
- Mountie Student Hub is a hub inside Canvas that gives students useful info on how to use Canvas and links to a multitude of support resources at Mt. SAC .
- Canvasadors (in Canvas) Peer Mentors on using Canvas and other learning technologies for students.