Federal Work-Study & CalWORKs Work-Study Programs
Federal Work-Study & CalWORKs Work-Study programs provide part-time jobs for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing you to earn money to help pay your education and other necessary expenses. The program encourages employment opportunities which can have a connection to your course of study.

What Types of Positions Will Be Available?
Both programs emphasize employment opportunities in work related to your course of study whenever possible. This is your opportunity to gain some insight from professionals along with developing your employability skills.

How Much Can I Earn?
You will earn the current federal minimum wage. However, you may earn more depending on the type of work you do and the skills required for the position.

  • Student Assistant I - $15.00/hr. - estimated 12.5 hrs./week (20 hrs/week maximum)
  • Student Assistant II - $15.25/hr. - estimated 12 hrs./week (20 hrs/week maximum)
  • Student Assistant III - $15.50/hr. - estimated 12 hrs./week (20 hrs/week maximum)
  • Student Assistant IV - $15.75/hr. - estimated 11.5 hrs./week (20 hrs/week maximum)
  • Student Assistant V - $16.00/hr. - estimated 11.5 hrs./week (20 hrs/week maximum)

How Can I Get Involved?

  • You will be contacted by the Financial Aid Office if you are awarded Federal Work Study.
  • Once awarded, go to the Career Center, 9B Second Floor to receive further assistance on the hiring process.

Where will the positions be posted & How Do I Apply?
All positions will be posted on the Mountie Career Source. As students, you will have access to view and apply for these positions upon your own convenience. Setting up a profile is a simple process, and will take you less than 5 minutes. To view work-study positions once logged in to the Mountie CareerSource click on jobs > position type > work study > apply. 


Any Questions? Feel free to reach out upon your convenience
Email us at or call us at 909-274-4510

For Federal Work Study eligibility questions, contact: Cindy HsiehFinancial Aid