Veterans Resource Center (VRC)
In 2010 Mt. SAC was selected by the California Community College Chancellor's Office as a pilot site for the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) project. The VRC project established an innovative, collaborative effort to ease the transition for our student Veterans as they navigate our community college system. Today Mt. SAC continues to demonstrate both its motivation to meet the needs of Student Veterans and an ability to marshal resources to meet those needs through the VRC.
- Student Veterans Lounge
- Student Veteran computer stations
- Student Veteran Book Loan/Reserve Program
- One-on-one FAFSA assistance
- One-on-one scholarship research/essay assistance
- DSP&S Instructional Specialist
- Educational/Career Counseling
- One-on-one VA Educational Benefits assistance
- One-on-one my.mtsac portal navigation assistance
- On and off-campus service referrals
Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Fridays 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
*The VRC is closed when classes are not in session and/or campus is not open. Winter and Summer semester hours vary.
2015 Specialized Drop-in Hours
Department of Veterans Affairs - Readjustment Counseling
Every other Tuesday, 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Department of Veterans Affairs - Vet Success on Campus (VSOC) Counselor
Every Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
DSP&S Instructional Specialist
Every Tuesday & Wednesday, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Every Tuesday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Financial Aid/Scholarship Advising
Every Thursday, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The VRC is located in Building 16-C on Miracle Mile.