- Counseling: Our Counseling Department is here to help students throughout their time at Mt. SAC.
Counselors can help you create an educational roadmap, prepare to transfer to a four-year
college, or help you select the classes that will best meet your goals.
- Honors Program: The Mt. SAC Honors Program provides transferable general education courses that strengthen
students' transcripts and increase their chances of getting into top-tier universities.
- Language Learning Center (LLC): The LLC offers a wide variety of language learning software, videos, DVDs, and recordings
to help students improve listening, reading, and speaking skills in a new language.
- Learning Assistance Center: Our Learning Assistance Center is home to our tutoring programs, computer center,
and testing services.
- Library: Our library, its resources, and its staff are great resources for students who are
working on a paper, research project, need access to a computer, or just want a quiet
place to study.
- Online Learning Support Center (OLSC): The OLSC provides online tutoring and academic services for those students who participate
in our Distance Learning program or find it convenient to conduct some of their tutoring
and schoolwork online.
The CAMPIS grant provides FREE childcare tuition assistance from the Department of Education
for low-income, Pell Grant recipients or Pell Grant eligible students.
Only Mt. SAC students are eligible.
Covers childcare for classes and study-time.
Veterans of the Armed Forces and their immediate family members (spouse, children)
receive priority consideration for this grant.
For more information, visit the Mt. SAC Child Development Center, Building 70, or
call (909) 274-4920.
- Tutorial Services: Students can receive free tutoring from the Learning Assistance Center’s Tutorial
Services, which include one-on-one and group tutoring in multiple subjects, such as
math, writing, languages, science, and business. Students can drop in or make an appointment
to see a tutor. Tutorial Services also offers online tutoring in math and science
- Math Tutoring: The Math Activities Resource Center (MARC) and Transfer-MARC (TMARC) offers free
tutoring, study spaces, tutorial software, calculator rentals, textbooks, solution
manuals, and handouts. The MARC serves students in Math 50 to Math 71, whereas the
TMARC serves students in Math 100 or above. Online tutoring is also available.
- The Writing Center: The Writing Center is available to all Mt. SAC students who want in-person help with
any of their writing assignments. Trained and qualified tutors will help you with
everything from brainstorming writing ideas to improving grammar to properly citing
- Online Tutoring: Online tutoring is a great option for students who need help after hours or off-campus.
You can access online tutoring through your My Mt. SAC Portal. After you log into the portal, click the Student Success tab to find out how to log
into online tutoring. You can either join in on live tutorial sessions or submit a
specific question to one of our trained online tutors (who will respond within 24
- WIN Program: The WIN Program is a student athlete tutorial program that offers a variety of academic
services. The program is specifically designed to assist student-athletes in maintaining
academic eligibility and preparing for transfer to a four-year university.