California State University (CSU) - A Degree with a Guarantee
The Associate Degree for Transfer makes it easier for students like you to transfer from a California Community College to a California State University (CSU). For the first time in California history, community college students who complete an AA-T or AS-T will be guaranteed admission to a CSU campus. With this degree, you have the opportunity to complete two degrees with only 120 units if you apply and are admitted into a similar degree program.
Learn more at http://adegreewithaguarantee.com/
For more information about Mt. SAC's AA-T and AS-T degrees click here.
University of California (UC) - Transfer Admission Guarantee
The UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program offers qualified California Community College students guaranteed admission to one of the six participating UC campuses. At some campuses this may include early review of your academic records, early admission notification, and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework.
See the information below and consider attending a TAG workshop to learn more about requirements and how to apply!
When and how to apply for TAG:
- Complete the Transfer Admission Planner and TAG application at http://uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Submit your TAG application September 1 - 30, 2018 (for Fall 2019 admission)
- Submit the UC admission application November 1 - 30, 2018 (for Fall 2019 admission) at www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions
Each UC campus has very specific TAG requirements that you can learn more about by visiting the links below. You might be eligible for a TAG if you meet these basic requirements in addition to the campus specific criteria:
- Have earned 30+ UC transferable units at the time of your TAG application
- Have a UC transferable GPA of 2.7 - 3.5 or higher (varies by campus)
Visit the campus websites for more information about TAG requirements:
California Community College Guarantee to Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)
California Community College students may now take advantage of a new initiative that facilitates the transfer to a number of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Learn more here.
Transfer guarantee requirements:
- By completing the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum requirements
(IGETC) or the California State University General Education Breadth (CSU GE) and
obtaining a transfer-level associate degree (60 units) with a 2.5 or higher grade
point average, students are guaranteed admission with junior standing to participating
- Students may also opt to transfer with 30 or more University of California or California State University transferable units and a 2.5 or higher grade point average.
Arizona State University - Guaranteed Program for Admission
Arizona State University (ASU) offers guaranteed admission to Mt. SAC students who meet the requirements listed below. To learn more and to complete the sign-up form for the Guaranteed Program for Admission visit https://transfer.asu.edu/CAguarantee.
Students may sign up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission at any point while attending a participating California community college. If you sign up to participate in the program, you will be admitted to the university if you earned a high school diploma or a GED with a score of 500 or more, plus one of the following:
- 24 college-level (non-remedial) transferable units with a 3.00 or higher cumulative transfer GPA
- An Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), or California State University General Education (CSU GE) with a minimum 2.50 cumulative transfer GPA
- An associate degree with a 2.50 or higher GPA
Northern Arizona University
Northern Arizona University guarantees admission to California community college students who have:
- Completed IGETC with a cumulative GPA of 2.5+
- OR earned an associate's degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.0+
Learn more here.
Western Oregon University - Transfer Admission Guarantee
Western Oregon University's TAG guarantees admission to Mt. SAC students who meet the requirements listed below. To learn more visit WOU's admissions for California students page.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher in transferable coursework
- Completion of 24 CSU or UC transferable semester credits. No more than four PE or non-academic semester credits will be counted toward the 24 semester credits
- Completion of English 1A with a C or higher
- Completion of any transferable math course accepted by IGETC with a C or higher
- ACT or SAT scores are not required for students who meet the above requirements
University of La Verne - Transfer Admission Guarantee
University of La Verne's TAG offers guaranteed admission and additional benefits such as advising, an application fee waiver, and a scholarship/tuition reduction. Learn more at http://laverne.edu/tag.
- Completion of 28 semester units
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Completion of a college-level English class