California State University (CSU) - A Degree with a Guarantee
The new joint transfer program from the California Community Colleges and the California State Universities makes it easier for students like you to transfer between the two school systems. For the first time in California history, community college students who complete a new AA-T or AS-T will be guaranteed admission to the California State University (CSU) system. With this new degree, you have the opportunity to complete two degrees with only 120 units if you apply and are admitted into a similar degree program.
Learn more at http://adegreewithaguarantee.com/
For more information about Mt. SAC's AA-T and AS-T degrees click here.
University of California (UC) - Transfer Admission Guarantee
The UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program offers qualified California Community College students guaranteed admission to one of the six participating UC campuses. At some campuses this may include early review of your academic records, early admission notification, and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework.
See the information below and consider attending a TAG workshop to learn more about requirements and how to apply! See our Summer & Fall 2015 TAG Workshop Schedule.
When and how to apply for TAG:
- Complete the online TAG application at http://uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Submit your TAG application September 1 - 30, 2016 (for Fall 2017 admission)
- Submit the online UC admission application November 1 - 30, 2016 (for Fall 2017 admission) at www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions
Each UC campus has very specific TAG requirements that you can learn more about by visiting the links below. You might be eligible for a TAG if you meet these basic requirements in addition to the campus specific criteria:
- Have earned 30+ UC transferable units at the time of your TAG application
- Have a UC transferable GPA of 2.8 - 3.4 or higher (varies by campus)
Click the campus names below to view TAG requirements:
Arizona State University - Guaranteed Program for Admission
Arizona State University (ASU) offers guaranteed admission to Mt. SAC students who meet the requirements listed below. To learn more and to complete the sign-up form for the Guaranteed Program for Admission visit https://transfer.asu.edu/CAguarantee.
Students may sign up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission at any point while attending a participating California community college. If you sign up to participate in the program, you will be admitted to the university if you earned a high school diploma or a GED with a score of 500 or more, plus one of the following:
- 24 college-level (non-remedial) transferable units with a 3.00 or higher cumulative transfer GPA
- An Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), or California State University General Education (CSU GE) with a minimum 2.50 cumulative transfer GPA
- An associate degree with a 2.50 or higher GPA
Northern Arizona University
Northern Arizona University guarantees admission to California community college students who have:
- Completed a minimum of 35 units and the IGETC with a cumulative GPA of 2.5+
- OR earned an associate's degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.0+
Learn more here.
Western Oregon University - Transfer Admission Guarantee
Western Oregon University's TAG guarantees admission to Mt. SAC students who meet the requirements listed below. To learn more visit WOU's admissions for California students page.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher in transferable coursework
- Completion of 24 CSU or UC transferable semester credits. No more than four PE or non-academic semester credits will be counted toward the 24 semester credits
- Completion of English 1A with a C or higher
- Completion of any transferable math course accepted by IGETC with a C or higher
- ACT or SAT scores are not required for students who meet the above requirements