FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about the International Admission Process
- What if I don't get my English proficiency test score (TOFEL, IELTS, AWE) back before
the application deadline? Will I still be admitted to the college?
No, English proficiency is required for admission. However, you may postpone your application to the next term until you complete the English proficiency requirement.
- Can my TB test be taken in my own country, or does it have to be taken in the U.S.?
Yes, the TB (tuberculosis) test can be taken in your home country. The International Application includes a TB test form, which your doctor must fill out.
- Does Mt. SAC offer medical insurance for F-1 students?
Mt. SAC mandates International (F-1) Students to purchase medical coverage through Student Insurance. This is the only medical coverage that will be accepted. Students may sign up by contacting Student Insurance at 310-826-5688 or www.studentinsuranceusa.com.
- I don't know how to get proof of funds from my bank. What should I do?
In lieu of a bank letter, our International Application has a form for your bank official to fill out.
- Do I have to be 18-years-old to be admitted?
No, we do admit students who are under age 18. However, you must show proof that you have completed the equivalency of a high school diploma in the U.S. Please contact our office for a list of Foreign Evaluation Services.
- If I am outside the U.S., can I have a friend or relative drop off and pick up paperwork
Yes, you may provide a written authorization for a friend or relative to drop off and pick up paperwork for you.
- May I submit some of the required admission paperwork now and submit the rest later?
Yes, however, ALL paperwork must be submitted before the application deadline.
Still have questions about F-1 student admission requirements?
Call: (909) 274-4415 or e-mail: F1visaAT_mtsac.edu