Purpose & Function
The purpose of the Outcomes Committee is to provide leadership, tools, training, and support to create a campus culture where outcomes are understood and valued and where assessment functions as a resource leading to improved instruction, curricula, programs, and/or services. The committee oversees outcomes assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels, as well as administrative unit outcomes, and reports to the Academic Senate through the Curriculum and Instruction Council.
The Function of the Committee is to:
- To monitor, facilitate, and evaluate the process of assessing measurable outcomes
for courses, degrees, certificates, and services including:
- the progress and development of Institutional Level Outcomes, Program Level Outcomes, Student Learning Outcomes and Administrative Unit Objectives;
- the Means of Assessment and Criteria for Success;
- the Summary of Data collected from assessment efforts; and
- the Use of Results for improvement.
- To facilitate the development of a mapping process for institutional level outcomes, program level outcomes, student learning outcomes, and administrative unit objectives for courses, degrees, certificates, and direct and indirect support services.
- To recommend to the Academic Senate improvements to the process by evaluating the procedures and work done by the College.
- To publicize improvements and progress made by departments, divisions, and teams.
- To facilitate the development of outcome statements and assessment plans.
- To coordinate and facilitate campus professional development opportunities, as needed, to achieve the Committee’s purpose and function.
- To maintain currency of the College websites on outcomes assessment.