Purpose & Function
The purpose of the Outcomes Committee is to provide tools, training, and support to create a campus culture where SLOs are understood and valued and where assessment functions as a resource leading to improved instruction, curricula, programs, and/or services. The committee oversees outcomes assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels, as well as administrative unit outcomes, and reports to the Academic Senate through the Curriculum and Instruction Council.
The Function of the Committee is:
- To monitor, facilitate, and evaluate the process of assessing Student Learning Outcomes, General Education Outcomes, and Administrative Unit Objectives for courses, degrees, certificates, and services, including:
- the progress and development of Student Learning Outcomes, General Education Outcomes, and Administrative Unit Objectives
- the Means of Assessment and Criteria for Success
- the Summary of Data collected from assessment efforts
- the Use of Results for improvement
- To recommend to the Academic Senate improvements to the process by evaluating the procedures and work done by the college.
- To publicize improvements and progress made by departments, divisions, and teams through newsletters, reports to the Academic Senate, and an annual report to the Academic Senate and the Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
- To facilitate the development of outcome statements and assessment plans and report on the progress annually.
- To coordinate and facilitate campus professional development opportunities as needed to achieve committee’s purpose and function.
- To maintain currency of the college websites on student learning outcomes and general education outcomes.
- To facilitate the development of a mapping process for SLOs/GEOs for courses, degrees, and certificates.