Purpose & Function
The purpose of the Outcomes Committee is to provide leadership, tools, training, and support to create a campus culture where outcomes are understood and valued and where assessment functions as a resource leading to improved instruction, curricula, programs, and/or services. The committee oversees outcomes assessment at the administrative unit, course, program, and institutional levels and reports to the Academic Senate through the Curriculum and Instruction Council.
The Function of the Committee is to:
- To monitor, facilitate, and evaluate the process of assessing outcomes for courses,
degrees, certificates, and services, including the progress and development of:
- Institutional Level Outcomes (ILOs), Program Level Outcomes (PLOs), Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs), and Administrative Unit Objectives (AUOs);
- means of assessment and criteria for success;
- summary of data collected from assessment efforts; and
- use of results for improvement.
- To monitor, facilitate, and evaluate the use of a mapping process for ILOs, PLOs, SLOs, and AUOs for courses, degrees, certificates, and direct and indirect support services.
- To recommend process improvements to the Academic Senate by evaluating the procedures and work done by the College.
- To publicize improvements and progress made by departments, divisions, and teams.
- To initiate and implement professional development opportunities relevant to outcomes, with assistance from the Professional Development Council, as needed.
- To maintain currency of the College websites on outcomes assessment.