Purpose & Function
The purpose of the Outcomes Committee is responsible for monitoring the progress and evaluating the quality of outcomes efforts on campus and documenting the College’s progress. The committee works with administrative and course level outcomes or objectives and General Education, degree and certificate level outcomes. The committee reports to the Academic Senate through the Curriculum and Instruction Council.
The Function of the Committee is:
- To monitor, facilitate, and evaluate the process of assessing Student Learning Outcomes, General Education Outcomes, and Administrative Unit Objectives for courses, degrees, certificates, and services, including:
- the progress and development of Student Learning Outcomes, General Education Outcomes, and Administrative Unit Objectives
- the Means of Assessment and Criteria for Success
- the Summary of Data collected from assessment efforts
- the Use of Results for improvement
- To recommend to the Academic Senate improvements to the process by evaluating the procedures and work done by the college.
- To publicize improvements and progress made by departments, divisions, and teams through newsletters, reports to the Academic Senate, and an annual report to the Academic Senate and the Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
- To facilitate the development of outcome statements and assessment plans and report on the progress annually.
- To coordinate and facilitate campus professional development opportunities as needed to achieve committee’s purpose and function.
- To maintain currency of the college websites on student learning outcomes and general education outcomes.
- To document efforts and results of progress on SLOs/GEOs.
- To facilitate the development of a mapping process for SLOs/GEOs for courses, degrees, and certificates.
- To facilitate the development of outcome statements, assessment plans, and use of results for GEOs.
- To analyze and interpret the progress toward meeting the goals set for GEOs.