Loan Information Sessions
The US Department of Education requires new student loan borrowers to complete Loan Entrance Counseling. In this session students will understand their rights and responsibilities as a loan borrower. You will receive year-specific information on interest rates, loan-repayment options and the consequences of default. This workshop will also provide you with the required facts about Federal Direct Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) and Parent PLUS loans.
- Facts about Federal Loans
- Loan Fees/Interest Rate/Repayment
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)/Borrower Rights and Responsibilities
- Institutional Loan Request Application process
Loan documents will be distributed and the institutional process will be explained. In order to attend the loan information session, the student must have completed the financial aid awarding process, have no holds or pending Appeals, and be actively enrolled in a minimum of six units in an approved program of study leading to a degree.
- Current and Complete/Full Educational Plan signed by an Educational Counselor or Advisor (Assessment tests must be taken for complete educational plan as determined by the counselor or educational advisor)
- Copy of State issued I.D. or Driver's License and Social Security Card
- Copy of proof of completion of online Entrance and online Financial Awareness Counseling
Please call the Financial Aid Office at (909) 274-4450, to inquire if you are cleared to sign up to attend the loan information session. Be advised that you will not be allowed to sign up to attend a loan information session, if you do not meet the requirements listed above. No exceptions will be made.
|Loan Information Session Dates|
|(Dates and times are subject to change with notice)|
|FALL SEMESTER 2017||SPRING SEMESTER 2018|
|Thursday, August 24, 2017||Thursday, February 22, 2018|
|Thursday, August 31, 2017||Wednesday, February, 28, 2018|
|Thursday, September 7, 2017||Tuesday, March 6, 2018|
|Tuesday, September 12, 2017||Thursday, March 8, 2018|
|Tuesday, September 19, 2017||Wednesday, March 14, 2018|
|Thursday, September 28, 2017||Thursday, March 22, 2018|
|Tuesday, October 3, 2017||Wednesday, March 28, 2018|
|Friday, October 13, 2017||Thursday, April 5, 2018|
|Thursday, October 19, 2017||Thursday, April 12, 2018|
|Wednesday, October 25, 2017||Wednesday, April 25, 2018|