Welcome to Mt SAC! As a new student you are required to attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) and complete assessment testing http://www.mtsac.edu/assessment. If this is your first time in college and you are unsure about your next step, the in-person NSO is for YOU!
- Get one-on-one help from Mt SAC Counselors
- Get help with the registration process
- Learn about your educational options
- Complete a one-semester course plan and learn how to maintain your registration status
You can schedule your 3 ½ hour in-person NSO by clicking the Student Success Tab on the Mt SAC portal, calling the Counseling Center at 909-274-4380, or in-person at the Counseling Center, 2nd floor, 9B.
Students who have attended other college institutions may complete an Online Orientation.
*Students may request exemption from Orientation if they meet any of the following criteria:
I have graduated with an Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
- I have enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
- I have earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution. Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
- I am enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
- I am enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.
Download the Student Success and Support Form here
& take the completed form and any supporting documents to the Counseling Center or fax to 909.274.2413.