New Student Orientation
Welcome to Mt SAC! As a new student you are required to attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) and complete assessment testing. If this is your first time in college and you are unsure about your next step, the in-person NSO is for YOU!
- Get one-on-one help from Mt SAC Counselors
- Get help with the registration process
- Learn about your educational options
- Complete a one-semester course plan and learn how to maintain your registration status
You can schedule your 3 ½ hour in-person NSO by clicking the Student Success Tab on the Mt SAC portal, calling the Counseling Center at 909-274-4380, or in-person at the Counseling Center, 9B, 2nd floor.
Students who have attended other college institutions may complete an Online Orientation.
Students may request exemption from Orientation if they meet any of the following criteria:
- I have graduated with an Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
- I have enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
- I have earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution. Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
- I am enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
- I am enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.
Download the Student Success and Support Form here & take the completed form and any supporting documents to the Counseling Center or fax to 909.274.2413.