Steps to Apply and Enroll
You are a transfer student if you have attended another college, university, or trade school.
Complete and submit a Mt. SAC Admission Application
If you have attended another college, university, or trade school, you're a transfer student.
Even though you've attended another school, you're new to us. Transfer students must complete and submit the Mt. SAC online application here.
Computers are available in the Student Services Center for your convenience. You must also send any official transcripts to our Admissions and Records Office. Please browse the information and tips below to ensure you're ready to begin the application process. For important dates and deadlines, be sure to check out our Academic Calendar.
Before You Start Your Application
- Have your social security number ready, if you have one. (If you have a DACA issued social security number, do not include it in your application.)
- Collect the names and dates (month and year) of all high schools and colleges attended.
- Have a valid email address ready, one that you check frequently. This is where we'll send follow-up information about your application. If you do not have one, we recommend that you create an email account prior to applying.
- (If applicable) Have your permanent resident card ready.
After You Submit Your Application
- Ask any colleges or trade schools you have attended to send your official transcript to the Mt. San Antonio College Admissions and Records Office. Your previous college/school will do this for you, just contact their offices, or visit their website, and request your official transcripts be sent to Mt. SAC.
- Be sure to check your email regularly. You will get a welcome email confirmation 1-2 weeks after you submit your application containing very important information (such as a confirmation code that you will need in the future). This message will be sent to the email address you provided when you registered with the CCCApply website.
- Once you have been assigned a Mt. SAC identification number and username (provided in your Welcome Email), you will need to setup your Mt. SAC Portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the enrollment process. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Records Office at (909) 274-4415.
Mt. SAC offers a variety of financial aid programs funded by federal and state agencies and private sources, including grants, fee waivers, work- study opportunities, scholarships, and loans.
On average, tuition is just $1,400 per year to attend Mt. San Antonio College full time. Most students receive financial aid to bring this cost down even further and help cover other expenses.
Fill out a FAFSA
One of the most important financial aid documents to fill out is your FAFSA, a document that college students must fill out every year they are in school to help determine their financial need and aid eligibility. The FAFSA opens on January 1st of each year. You should fill out your FAFSA as soon as you can after January 1st of each school year. Learn more about FAFSA and the steps needed to complete it here.
We strongly encourage all of our students to apply for some form of financial aid. You can learn about all of the different types of financial aid and programs at our Financial Aid page.
Calculate Your Costs for College
Mt. SAC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate their college costs. The "net price" of college is the real price that a student pays -- the cost minus the financial aid awards you might qualify for. Our Net Price Calculator can help you estimate the true cost of attending college at Mt. SAC and give you an idea of the types of financial aid awards you qualify for. You can find out more about and use our Net Price Calculator here.
All Mt. SAC students are required to participate in assessment for course placement. The assessment and placement process has been established to enable all students the opportunity to be successful in their coursework.
For more information, contact our Assessment Center at (909) 274-4265.
- 4Congratulations and welcome to Mt. San Antonio College! As a new Mt. SAC student, you are required to attend orientation after you have completed the assessment process. You can choose to take orientation online or in person.
Online orientation is only for students who have already attended college. To access the online orientation go to your Mt. SAC Portal and click the "Student Success" tab. After you complete the online orientation, you should make a counseling appointment online to complete a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP).
In-person orientation is designed for first time college students and is held on the Mt. SAC campus. The in-person orientation is a group session lead by our college counselors. It helps students get acquainted with our campus and college life in general.
At the in-person orientation you will:
- Get one-on-one help from experienced Mt. SAC counselors.
- Get help and guidance with the registration process.
- Complete a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP) and learn how to get the best possible registration date.
- Meet other students and get acquainted with the Mt. SAC campus and college life.
We offer many different orientation dates and times. You can schedule your orientation:
- Online: Click the "Student Success" tab in your Mt. SAC Portal and follow the steps listed.
- In Person: Visit the Counseling Center (Student Services Building 9B, 2nd floor).
- Over the phone: Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380.
Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process. Make sure you have sent your official transcripts to Admissions & Records. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
Exemption from Orientation
If one of the following statements applies to you, you may be exempt from orientation:
- I have graduated with an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
- I have enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
- I have earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
- I am enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
- I am enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.
If you think you are exempt from orientation:
- Download our Student Success Form and bring it along with the supporting documents (listed above in steps 1 through 5) to the Counseling Center (2nd floor of Building 9B) or fax them to (909) 274-2413.
- Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380 if you want to find out more about orientation exemptions.
Questions about orientation? Call (909) 274-4380.
- 5Before registering for classes, every Mt. San Antonio College student should have a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP). You can create your MAP during the in-person orientation or by making a counseling appointment. Your MAP will help ensure that, while you're at Mt. SAC, you take the classes that best fit your goals -- whether you want to earn your degree or certificate, advance your career, or transfer to a four-year university. Our counselors will discuss the different options and programs you might be interested in based on your goals, then help you determine what courses you need to take to achieve them.
Schedule your Mountie Academic Plan Appointment
- Visit our office, located on the Student Services Center, 2nd floor of Building 9B.
- Our office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8 am - 7 pm and Friday from 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- We are closed on Fridays during the summer.
- Call the counseling team at (909) 274-4380.
Mt. SAC Counseling Services
- We help students that are undecided about a major or career goal
- We help assist in planning your educational and/or career goals
- We help assist in choosing a university or college fo transfer
- We help assist you with personal problems impacting your college success
- Visit our office, located on the Student Services Center, 2nd floor of Building 9B.
Once you have taken your assessment questionnaire, attended orientation, and met with a counselor, you will be assigned a specific registration date and time that you can view on your Mt. SAC Portal. You may then register for classes using your Mt. SAC Portal on or after your assigned date and time.
All students must pay their tuition and fees upon registering for classes, so be sure you are ready to do so when you register. If you don't pay your fees by the drop for non-payment deadline, you will be automatically dropped from your classes. Drop for non-payment deadlines are posted on the Mt. SAC Portal under the "Schedule/Receipt" tab. If you want to learn more about your fees, click the "Pay Fees" button at the top of this page.
If you're ready to register, visit our Registration Section for more information on how to select and register for your classes.
- You can pay fees online with a credit card (in your Mt. SAC Portal) or in person at the Bursar's Office (Building 4).
- If you pay online, be sure to print your Student Schedule/Receipt. It has important information and deadlines regarding refunds and dropping classes.
- Deadlines for payment are posted in your Mt. SAC Portal on your Student Schedule/Receipt.
- If you fail to pay for your classes by the designated deadlines, you may be dropped from those classes.
- After paying fees, you can obtain your Student ID at the bookstore in Building 9A.
For information regarding fee payment options and payment policies please visit the Bursar’s Office website or contact them by phone at (909) 274-4960.