Steps to Apply and Enroll
You are an international student if you live outside the U.S. but want to attend Mt. SAC.
1 Step 1: Apply
We're proud to have a large international student body at Mt. San Antonio College. Our students come from virtually every corner of the world, including China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, India, South America, Europe, Mexico, and Canada. Our international students thrive at Mt. SAC because we provide over 200 degree and career programs, academic support services, and cultural activities that enrich their college experience.
Steps to Apply
- Complete your application packet. Click here for the F-1 Student Admission Requirements, which includes all of the required components of your packet.
- Mail your completed packet to:
Mt. San Antonio College
1100 North Grand Avenue
Walnut, CA 91789-1399
- Upon approval of your application packet, we will send you the Form I-20, which you will need to apply for an F-1 status/visa.
- Come to the Mt. SAC campus for placement testing and mandatory orientation.
- Register for classes at orientation.
- Pay the required fees.
International Student Application Deadlines
Academic Term Application Deadline Classes Begin Summer Intersession 1st Monday of March Late June Fall Semester 1st Monday of May Late August Spring Semester 1st Monday of October Late February
After You Submit Your Application
- Be sure to check your email regularly. You will get a welcome email confirmation 1-2 weeks after you submit your application
containing very important information (such as a confirmation code that you will need in the future). This message will
be sent to the email address you provided when you registered with the CCCApply website.
- Once you have been assigned a Mt. SAC identification number and username (provided
in your Welcome Email), you will need to setup your My Mt. SAC Portal in order to enroll for classes and view other important information.
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the enrollment process, including any required assessment tests and orientation. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
If you have questions about your application, contact our Admissions and Records Office at (909) 274-4415.
2 Step 2: Get Financial Aid
International students do not qualify for federal or state financial aid, but there are many scholarships that you may apply for. Click here to learn more about scholarship opportunities at Mt. San Antonio College.
Calculate Your Costs for College
Mt. SAC provides a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate their college costs. The "net price" of college is the real price that a student pays -- the cost minus the financial aid awards you might qualify for. Our Net Price Calculator can help you estimate the true cost of attending college at Mt. SAC and give you an idea of the types of financial aid awards you qualify for. You can find out more about and use our Net Price Calculator here.
3 Step 3: Get Assessed
Once they arrive on campus, international students prepare for and take assessment tests before orientation.
Required Assessment Tests
- Assessment of Written English (AWE)
- Reading Placement Test (COMPASS)
- Math Placement Test
You can learn more about the assessment tests here. If you want to learn more about your orientation, click the Attend Orientation button at the top of this page.
Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process, including any required assessment tests and orientation. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.
For more information, contact our Assessment Center at (909) 274-4265.
4 Step 4: Attend Orientation
Congratulations and welcome to Mt. San Antonio College! As a new Mt. SAC student, you are required to attend all three days of orientation. Failure to attend orientation may result in the cancellation of your I-20 Form.
For international students, orientation is a 3-day session lead by our college counselors. It helps students get acquainted with our campus and college life in general.
- Get one-on-one help from experienced Mt. SAC counselors.
- Complete a plan for your first semester and learn how to keep your registration status up-to-date.
- Meet other students and get acquainted with the Mt. SAC campus and college life.
- Get help registering for classes.
The College is in the process of revising how to assess students for placement into English and math courses. The process by which most students will be placed in English and math courses will be primarily based on students' high school coursework, high school grades, and overall high school grade point average (GPA). Continuing students who were previously assessed by the English and math placement tests will have the option to be re-assessed using the new assessment process. More information will be posted in the student portal. Please continue to check your portal (inside.mtsac.edu) for updates.
Questions about orientation? Call (909) 274-4380.
5 Step 5: Meet with Counseling
Before registering for classes, every Mt. San Antonio College student should have a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP). International students meet with counselors during their orientation to develop their MAPs.
Your MAP will help ensure that you take the classes that best fit your goals -- whether you want to earn your degree or certificate, advance your career, or transfer to a four-year university. During your 3-day international student orientation, you will have a one-on-one meeting with a counselor. Our counselor will discuss the different options and programs you might be interested in based on your goals, then help you determine what courses you need to take to achieve your goals.
Mt. SAC Counseling Services
- We offer special programs for international students and student athletes.
- We help students plan their coursework based on what they want to accomplish at Mt. SAC.
- We help students prepare to transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- We help students determine their career and educational goals and plan for success.
- We help students with personal and academic challenges.
- Learn more about how our counselors can help you.
6 Step 6: Register for Classes
You must have attended all three days of international student orientation to register for classes. At the end of your orientation, you will complete an educational plan with one of our counselors and then register for classes. If you want to learn more about the registration process, visit our Registration Section.
All students must pay their tuition and fees upon registering for classes, so be sure you are ready to do so when you register. If you don't pay your fees by the drop for non-payment deadline, you will be automatically dropped from your classes. Drop for non-payment deadlines are posted on the My Mt. SAC Portal under the "Schedule/Receipt" tab. If you want to learn more about your fees, click the "Pay Fees" button at the top of this page.
7 Step 7: Pay Your Fees
- You can pay fees online with a credit card (in your My Mt. SAC Portal) or in person at the Bursar's Office (Building 4). Please note that your credit card must be a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- If you pay online, be sure to print your Student Schedule/Receipt. It has important information and deadlines regarding refunds and dropping classes.
- Deadlines for payment are posted in your My Mt. SAC Portal on your Student Schedule/Receipt.
- If you fail to pay for your classes by the designated deadlines, you may be dropped from those classes.
- After paying fees, you can obtain your Student ID at the bookstore (Building 9A).