CORA Equity in Education Certificate Program 2020-2021 : A Title V Supported Program
Winter Cohort Dates - Click the date below to register for an orientation.
12:00pm - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 4:00pm
11:00am - 12:00pm
This program is now open to all Mt. SAC employees and students.
- The Cohort Model: Orientation, 15 hours of study, mid-cohort live discussions with your colleagues,
end of cohort live discussion with CORA faculty and participating college staff and
faculty, and capstone celebration (sponsored by POD)
- Both certificates are eligible for PGI/PGH and Professional Growth Benefit.
- The program is open for 30 days to complete.
- If you have previously attended and orientation and completed a certificate, but wish to complete a new certificate, fill out this form. You need not, but are welcome to attend an orientation. Contact Yolanda Haro for the access code for returning CORA participants only.
- If you cannot attend an orientation listed above, please contact Yolanda Haro or Lisa
Rodriguez in POD to request a one-to-one orientation.
This project addressed two of the seven goals in the Grant:
Goal 1: Support faculty in exploration of new research and teaching models that enhance student learning and improve educational
outcomes for students from diverse backgrounds.
Goal 4: Provide staff with the knowledge and skills required for effectively engaging students in meaningful and culturally responsive ways.
Certificate in Racial Micro-aggressions:
This program will define and explore the concept of racial microaggressions, highlight the influence of microaggressions on people of color in work and educational settings, and provide an overview of the three main types of microaggressions
15 hours a-synchronous and synchronous content.
Certificate in Unconscious Bias:
This program assists to denote the role that race and gender socialization have on the classroom realities of college and recognize how societal factors systematically inhibit the college readiness of some students of color.
15 hours asynchronous and synchronous content.
To Earn an Equity Certificate:
- Enroll and complete one certificate at a time (mandatory)
- Attend an orientation (mandatory)
- Participate in a mid-session discussion (optional)
- Participate in an end of session group debriefing and celebration (optional)
- Sign up to join the Title V Equity Community of Practice (optional)
Learn More About CORA Learning Programs and the Certificate Instructors: https://coralearning.org/