Math 110S SLO and CMO
MATH 110S SLO
- Students will be able to use sample statistics to develop a confidence interval for population parameters
- Using sample statistics from one or more samples, students will be able to test a claim made about a population parameter.
- Using bivariate data, students will be able to determine the strength, form, and direction (when linear) of a relationship between two variables and determine the equation of the regression line.
MATH 110S CMO
- Students will use correct statistical terminology and notation.
- Students will distinguish between data types and appropriate numerical and graphical summaries
- Students will distinguish between experimental and observational studies and appropriate conclusions
- Students will answer questions about methods of sampling
- Students will explain the basic concepts of probability theory and calculate probabilities
- Students will determine probabilities, mean, standard deviation from discrete and probability distributions
- Students will compute probabilities continuous probability distributions
- Students will perform statistical inference for estimation and hypothesis testing
- Students will utilize computer technology to aide in the solution of statistical analyses.