- Fill out the application below.
- Wait for an email with your partner's contact information, your Pair #, and instructions to get started.
- Schedule a time to meet with your partner over Zoom.
- When you meet with your partner, choose from a variety of activities.
*Note: Activities are not necessarily aligned with course content. This is a chance for you to learn new language outside of class. Choose whatever topic sounds interesting to you!*
- Complete the activities with your partner on a recorded Zoom video call, ending with creating and performing a dialogue. Follow these instructions and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
- Wait for an email letting you know you've earned a stamp. Stamps are awarded several times a week. In this email, you will also receive shareable video links that you can send to your professor.
- Come back and complete more activities to earn stamps and rewards!
Language Partners Application
Language Partners is closed for Spring 2021. The application for Summer 2021 will be available beginning June 21, 2021.
Learning a language is one of the most interesting and fun experiences we get during our undergrad. After those GEs are satisfied, however, we move language aside. But you may be surprised to learn that there are elements from French or Japanese class that stay with you throughout your time in school and when you venture into the world.
Language Partners helps students improve conversational skills with a higher-level or same-level language student. This will give the both of you a chance to explore new vocabulary, practice your skills, and get some one-on-one interaction with someone who is also studying your target language. Apply today!
If you have already applied for and received your Language Partner, head to the activities page to start earning stamps!
You may only submit one Language Partners application per language per semester. Once you apply and receive a partner, you will work with that same partner for the entire semester. Partner changes and multiple partners are not allowed except for extreme extenuating circumstances with appropriate documentation.