Welcome to the FCLT
Resources in Canvas, course design, and educational technology from the Instructional Design and Distance Learning Team
- Get Started with Remote Teaching in Canvas
- Watch Workshop Recordings & Videos
- Find Resources for Managing Stress
- Stay up-to-date! Join the Mt. SAC Faculty Center in Canvas
- Learn about Course Design
- Find Open Education Resources
- Make/Edit/Find Videos to Use in Teaching
- Check Copyright and Fair Use Laws
- Read Distance Learning Committee Minutes
- See SPOT Recert Requirements
- Get Form to Submit a Course for DL Approval
- Find out the DL Evaluation Process
Other Technology Resources at Mt. SAC
Different groups and issues require different types of assistance. Please see below for other resources for technology help at Mt. SAC.
- Mt. SAC Online starting point for info about online classes at Mt. SAC and online services and programs, including student, faculty, and staff resources. Offers steps for how to get started online.
- IT Support find info on enrollment and portal, file a help ticket with IT for assistance with course enrollment, internet issues, Office 365, and equipment questions. Learn about IT trainings for employees on technology topics such as Banner, Argos, and OmniUpdate and Accessibility.
- Professional and Organizational Development (POD): browse and sign up for workshops and trainings offered at Mt. SAC for all groups (professors, staff and managers). Find additional guides and resources on teaching at Mt. SAC. Use POD Connect to get online training through systemwide resources such as @ONE, Lynda/LinkedIn training and Skillsoft. Listen to the Mountie Podcast.
- Presentation Services help with classroom audiovisual equipment and training.
- ACCESS Information for professors and students about student accommodations and accessibility.
- Tutoring for Students discover the many forms of academic student support including math, writing, and subject-specific supports, both online and on campus.
- Distance Learning Support for Students web resources for those interested in online courses at Mt. SAC.
- ACCESS request accommodations and learn about accessibility resources
- Mountie Student Hub (in Canvas) a hub inside Canvas giving students useful info on how to use Canvas and linking students with a multitude of support resources at Mt. SAC
- Canvasadors (in Canvas) Peer Mentors on using Canvas and other learning technologies for students.