Welcome to the FCLT
Resources in Canvas, course design, and educational technology from the Instructional
Design and Distance Learning Team
- About Canvas
Resources to learn Canvas, FAQs, where to get help, join the Mt. SAC Canvas Faculty
- wrenches and tools
Apps, Tools, & Services for Faculty
Learn about the apps, tools, and services available to Mt. SAC professors for developing
- pink internet jack going into a computer laptop
Distance Learning Resources
Important DL info and records here, for SPOT, SPOT Recert, Distance Learning forms,
Distance Learning Committee, DL contacts
- blue photo of cords that connect devices to computers
Remote Teaching Resources
Information specifically for those teaching online while the college is operating
Tech Help Resources
The FCLT is here to help but we are not a help desk. We work during the regular business
hours of the college and help with non-urgent questions about Canvas, course design, and information about accessibility and other
regulations that apply to digital materials. Please seek self-help in the Canvas Guides. If you cannot solve the problem on your own and you need urgent help, contact:
Additional Faculty Resources
Additional Faculty Resources
The FCLT helps specifically with technology for teaching and learning--primarily Canvas,
course design and tools connected to these purposes for instruction. If you need help
with technology outside of our domain of work, here are some other units who may assist
- Faculty Facilitators
The Academic Senate has appointed six faculty facilitators to help fellow faculty
with their online course creation this semester! From simple Canvas procedures to
more information on course design, you can get one-on-one help from faculty. Request
help from the above link.
IT Support manages and trains on the portal Office 365, Banner, Argos, the website, web and document
accessibility for staff, and other noninstructional technology at Mt. SAC. Equipment
provision, phones, wifi.
- IT Helpdesk: offers information and help with requests for sandboxes, crosslisting, enrollment,
course add/drops, and equipment questions.
- Canvas help: helps faculty and students with Canvas problems. Access from the global nav within
- Mt. SAC Online is a starting point for info about online classes at Mt. SAC and online services
and programs, including student, faculty, and staff resources. Offers steps for how
to get started online.
- Professional and Organizational Development (POD): tracks all professional learning activity attendance for all employees of the college
Manages the POD calendar. Manages content completed within POD Connect including
FOMAR and the Vision Resource Center. POD's website offers great guides and resources for
professors and adjuncts. Use POD Connect for free systemwide resources such as @ONE,
Lynda/LinkedIn training and Skillsoft online self-paced training. POD hosts the Mountie
- Presentation Services manages classroom audiovisual equipment and training. Facilitates captioning services
for video content at Mt. SAC.
- ACCESS Information for professors and students about student accommodations and accessibility.
- Tutoring for Students discover the many forms of academic student support including math, writing, and subject-specific
supports, both online and on campus.
- Distance Learning Support for Students web resources for those interested in online courses at Mt. SAC.
- ACCESS request accommodations and learn about accessibility resources
- Mountie Student Hub (in Canvas) a hub inside Canvas giving students useful info on how to use Canvas
and linking students with a multitude of support resources at Mt. SAC
- Canvasadors (in Canvas) Peer Mentors on using Canvas and other learning technologies for students
FCLT stands for Faculty Center for Learning Technology.
Our team offers faculty training and consultation in the use of Canvas and other education
technology. We want to help you design high quality courses.
Our workshops are on the POD Calendar. Our resources for professors can be found here, with more how-to info in Canvas
in the Mt. SAC Canvas Faculty Center.
Office Hours for Faculty
Online (join from conference link in POD calendar)
Wednesdays & Thursdays 2-4PM * by appointment