Enroll NowThousands of students get their start at Mt. SAC every year. Take the path to your future career one step further by enrolling in our program. Apply Now
Emergency Medical Technician (Noncredit)
Questions?Contact: Short Term VocationalTitle: DepartmentContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificate of Completion
This short-term program is intended to prepare students to become Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) to work for an ambulance service or in related fire departments, hospitals, or other rescue services. This program is specifically for noncredit students who are seeking training in the public safety field for immediate employment. Furthermore, this program will also provide foundational skills and training for students to enter into more advanced public safety programs. Students must pass both core courses to earn the Emergency Medical Technician certificate.
Awards an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Course Completion Certificate needed to take National Registry Certifying Exam.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be employed or seeking employment in the field for a related field.
- Students will pass the National Registry of EMT’s (NREMT) exam.
- Students will gain employment as an Emergency Medical Technician.
- Students will demonstrate job readiness skills.
- Students will progress through the public safety career ladder by enrolling in public safety programs such as Paramedics.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.