Mt San Antonio College ADN Program Application Process
On January 1, 2013, due to changes in legislation, admission criteria for the Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) program changed.
Admission to the program includes the use of a multi-criteria screening tool including, but not limited to, pre-requisite course GPA, HESI A2 scores, degrees, work experience, life experiences, and second language proficiency. See attached grid for the new multi-criteria and point values for admission screening purposes.
The application period is scheduled be open from January 1, 2014 to March 1, 2014.
applying to the program must complete the HESI A2 Assessment test with a minimum adjusted individual score of 70%. HESI A2 Assessment testing will be available to students applying to the program at Mt. San Antonio College.
Click here for:
Dates and times of HESI testing will be posted on the Nursing website with instructions on how to register for this test.
Students will be graded on the following subjects only:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Reading Comprehension
- Students must complete all course prerequisites prior to applying to the Nursing Program
- Course prerequisites:
- ANAT 10A or 35, Human Anatomy or equivalent
- ANAT 10B or 36, Human Physiology or equivalent
- MICR 1 or 22, Microbiology or equivalent
- ENGL 1A, Freshman Composition or equivalent
- Eligibility to enter the Nursing program is based on the following performance criteria:
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4 point scale in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Microbiology
- Each course must be completed with a minimum grade of “C” with
no more than one repetition of one course
- English Composition must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in all college coursework completed at the time of application
- Eligibility to enroll in MATH 71 Intermediate Algebra
- All students need to submit proof of high school graduation, GED, or college graduation from an accredited institution in the United States.
- Foreign transcripts are acceptable, but they must be evaluated by an evaluation service recognized by our college verifying completed units, GPA, and degree, if applicable. Students are able to obtain a list of recognized services from the Mt. SAC Admissions & Records Office.
- All required information needs to be submitted electronically.
- Students are ranked using multi-criteria screening (see link on Nursing Program website)
- The eligibility appointment:
- Acceptance into the nursing program is dependent upon successful completion of the eligibility appointment.
- After notification from the nursing program, students need to make an appointment with a designated nursing educational advisor or counselor.
- Students who have completed coursework at other colleges must bring the following to their eligibility appointment, official transcripts of all college work completed at all colleges.
- Students must also apply to Mt. San Antonio College before starting the nursing program. If you are an international student, you must check with the admission office for deadlines.
APPOINTMENTS FOR ELIGIBILTY VERIFICATION WILL ONLY BE MADE DURING THESE DATES: April 15, 2014- May 31, 2014
Students should also be aware that once they have been admitted to the Nursing Program and before beginning the clinical portion of the program, they will need to be able to pass both a criminal background check, including a screening by the Office of Inspector General for welfare or Social Security fraud, as well as testing negative for drug use.
Students are required to have a physical completed prior to the start of school and each following year. All nursing students must meet the essential functions for success in the Nursing Program.
Students will be notified in June 2014 if they are accepted for the Fall or Spring semester.
New class orientation for the Fall 2014 semester will occur in June or July 2014.
New class orientation for the Spring 2015 semester will occur in January 2015.
Students not accepted or students who defer when accepted into the program must apply again during the annual application period of January 1 to March 1.
The scheduled application period may be altered due to unforseen circumstances. Please check the website frequently for any updates.