Audition and Scholarship Information
- The preliminary auditions for the Chamber Singers (where students demonstrate vocal range, sight singing skills, and pitch memory) generally take place in May for the following year.
- Call-back auditions for students to perform two songs in a quartet situation will be held on Some weeks later in June.
- All of the other choral groups are auditioned during the first week of classes in August.
- All students interested in Chamber Singer auditions must contact Professor Bruce Rogers at (909) 274-4334 or at email@example.com at the beginning of May to set up a 15 minute audition time for the preliminary auditions.
- A prepared piece (student's choice, which could be an excerpt from a large band or orchestral work, a solo, or an etude)
- Major scales (as many as possible)
- Sight reading
More fnformation about auditions for the Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band can be found on the band's website, mtsacband.com.