Audition and Scholarship Information
Audition Information for Fall 2017
- The preliminary auditions for the Chamber Singers (where students demonstrate vocal range, sight singing skills, and pitch memory) generally take place in May for the following year.
- Call-back auditions for students to perform two songs in a quartet situation will be held on Some weeks later in June.
- All of the other choral groups are auditioned during the first week of classes in August.
- All students interested in Chamber Singer auditions must contact Professor Bruce Rogers at (909) 274-4334 or at firstname.lastname@example.org at the beginning of May to set up a 15 minute audition time for the preliminary auditions.
Auditions for instrumental ensembles are held during the first week of classes each semester. Please attend the first rehearsal of the ensemble of choice and you will receive audition information at that time. Generally, the audition includes the following:
- A prepared piece (student's choice, which could be an excerpt from a large band or orchestral work, a solo, or an etude)
- Major scales (as many as possible)
- Sight reading
More fnformation about auditions for the Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band can be found on the band's website, mtsacband.com.
The instrumental program awards several scholarships to qualified incoming students who commit to performing in instrumental groups. To be considered for a instrumental music scholarship, contact Prof. Gregory X Whitmore at (909) 274-4623 or at email@example.com for an audition time.