Plan, design, and furnish interiors of residential, commercial, or industrial buildings.
Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes,
such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving life style. May specialize
in a particular field, style, or phase of interior design.
The Mt. SAC Interior Design Program will prepare you for careers in residential,restaurant, retail, corporate and business interior design.
- Commercial and Industrial Designer
- Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Art Directors
- Landscape Architects
- Meet with clients to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such
as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise clients on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of
furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Review and detail shop drawings for construction plans.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, and
plumbers, to ensure job success.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories,
draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
- Formulate environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended
purposes, such as raising productivity or selling merchandise.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings, art works, and accessories.
- Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or drawings.
- Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software to produce construction documents.
- Plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other