Distance Learning Committee
Image courtesy of anankkml at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The Distance Learning Committee (DLC) meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month from 1:05 - 2:35 PM in LTC-261. Co-chairs are Sandra Weatherilt (faculty, x6369) and Meghan Chen (Dean, Library & Learning Resources, x5658).
The purpose of the Distance Learning Committee is to discuss, review, and evaluate distance learning modes of instruction, and recommend and promote best practices and new opportunities for distance learning and teaching.
The Committee's functions are to
- evaluate and recommend approval of Distance Learning Course Amendment Forms
- recommend policy changes pertaining to distance learning
- evaluate and promote a variety of effective practices and standards for distance learning
- provide a forum for sharing and collaboration among distance learning faculty by sponsoring informational meetings, discussions, and workshops pertaining to distance learning
- facilitate the implementation and update to the Distance Learning Master Plan
- coordinate with campus committees and other constituencies with regards to distance learning